What is the difference between USMLE part1 and NBME cbse?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Holyhik

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am talking about NBME/CBSE that is for those applying to OMFS.

I am still confused about the differences between this exam and USMLE part 1. From what I found, the difference is the length of the exam ( total number of Q ) and also score interpretation. The content is the same. The study preparation is the same.

Is my understanding correct?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Having taken both the CBSE and the USMLE Step 1, I can say that there is no difference between them. CBSE has a total of 200 questions while the real Step has 308 questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
While going through the exam content given by NBME, why does it state clinical sciences like OB Gyne and Paeds? I am confused if the NBME includes only basic sciences or both basic and clinical sciences?

Having taken both the CBSE and the USMLE Step 1, I can say that there is no difference between them. CBSE has a total of 200 questions while the real Step has 308 questions.
Why does the exam content on the NBME states Clinical Sciences aswell. Can you please clarify if Clinical Sciences are a part of NBME or not?