What is the easiest DO school to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tom Brady

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
based on the numerous acceptances it seems NSU, and the two Eries are the easiest to get into. Anyone beg to differ?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know this by statistics. But, from reading this site, it seems that LMU-DCOM and Touro -Nevada are the two easiest to get into in terms of the GPA and MCAT scores.

Each school has different criteria. It is never as simple as GPA and MCAT scores. There is no way to answer this question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Each school has different criteria. It is never as simple as GPA and MCAT scores. There is no way to answer this question.

Im just saying that thus far, it seems NSU, VCOM, ERIE, and KCOM have accepted the most. If i were to pick the most selective school based on current acceptances id say it would CCOM, and UMDNJ.

again that subjective, NJ is only selective b/c theyre so instate biased.. and i mean seriously, NJ sucks, so they gotta be chosey.

Disclaimer: the above was a joke, if you take offense, get the sand out of ur v

again that subjective, NJ is only selective b/c theyre so instate biased.. and i mean seriously, NJ sucks, so they gotta be chosey.

Disclaimer: the above was a joke, if you take offense, get the sand out of ur v

lets keep this civilized.

Im just saying that thus far, it seems NSU, VCOM, ERIE, and KCOM have accepted the most. If i were to pick the most selective school based on current acceptances id say it would CCOM, and UMDNJ.

If your data set is SDN +/- MDApps, you're looking at well under 5% of the applicant pool. Not very relevant.

Or maybe those schools have accepted a lot of people because they get a lot of applicants.

Again, there is no answer to your question.

Or maybe those schools have accepted a lot of people because they get a lot of applicants.

Again, there is no answer to your question.

hey texas, i notice u run triathlons. I did an ironman in wisoncson last year

run: 2hours 40min

bike: 5hours 9min

swim: 1hour 58 min

TOTAL TIME: 9hours 54min

You're a hell of a lot faster than me. That run is smokin.

i ran cross in HS and 1 year in college until i realized D1 runners are insane. My best mile in HS was a 4:19. i applied to bradenton, if we both end up there we should def train.

Members don't see this ad :)
based on the numerous acceptances it seems NSU, and the two Eries are the easiest to get into. Anyone beg to differ?

I agree it does depend. My husband and I were both rejected post-secondary from LECOM-B. I was rejected post-secondary from Touro-NV because they require a minimum 23 on the MCAT. I would argue they are one of the least friendly in terms of MCAT.

I am a clydesdale. I'm fairly fast in the sprint distance races, but I still have a lot of work to do for the longer ones. I've only been doing this for less than 2 years, and I keep getting hurt.

I am a clydesdale. I'm fairly fast in the sprint distance races, but I still have a lot of work to do for the longer ones. I've only been doing this for less than 2 years, and I keep getting hurt.

ahhh, i c. Yeah im not much of a swimmer, i really worked hard to get my time under 2 hours. I def found the bike to be the hardest though, simply because its the longest part of the race.

Tom Brady,
Although there is no simple way to answer your question, I'm assuming that you are just trying to get an general idea on which school has higher numbers in terms of GPA and MCAT scores of matriculants. I'm also assuming that you are aware that in state bias of such schools as UMDNJ, MSU, LMU (Appalachian states bias....not necessarily the state of TN) etc make this sort of generalization a bit more difficult.

Having said that, since we CAN make certain generalization such as Harvard is more difficult to get into than Caribbean schools, we also can make some generalization about the DO schools.

Some of the applicants and even some here on SDN have failed to get accepted to MD schools on their first try. So, they now apply to DO schools. This fact alone should let you know that those applicants do feel it is easier to get into DO schools than the MD schools. If it is possible to assume that MD schools are more difficult to get into than DO schools, we can also discuss which of the DO schools are tougher to get into.

Again, just looking at the numbers will not give you the complete picture. But, it will give you some idea and will be helpful IF other factors are also considered.

LMU, I believe had an GPA avg of 3.29 (science GPA of 3.18) with MCAT of 24.62. In comparison, DMU's numbers are something like 3.5 or 3.6 and MCAT of 26 or 27. So, yes, I would say that it'd be easier to get into LMU than DMU. Again, med school admission isn't as simple as looking at numbers. But, overcoming the numbers game is the first step to get over in med school admission.

The adcoms meet at different points in time and in different intervals. For example, NSU meets every week...whereas CCOM meets every month. So, I havent heard back from CCOM yet, even though I interviewed at both schools about 3-4 weeks ago.

Michigan State has some of the most selective admissions criteria, and they have probably admitted more students than anyone so far this year, as they try to fill their class by december.

It is just hard to say.

hey texas, i notice u run triathlons. I did an ironman in wisoncson last year

run: 2hours 40min

bike: 5hours 9min

swim: 1hour 58 min

TOTAL TIME: 9hours 54min

yeah man....that run is faster than a lot of the pros runs! just chop down your swim a bit and you could be a professional triathlete.

yeah man....that run is faster than a lot of the pros runs! just chop down your swim a bit and you could be a professional triathlete.

Hey MrMatt,
completely off thread, but how'd you end up going from FIU to Napa,
... nice transition. And we have the same Bday. Sorry, I'm from S. Fla so the FIU thing caught my eye

I think RVU should be fairly easy to get in, considering it is very new and therefore it should be scraping at the bottom of the applicant pool.

NSU is 100% not the easiest school to get into- certainly not the most difficult either. So many factors to consider but state residency is huge for alot of schools.

Every school looks for something different, some might want high GPAs other might want a lot of volunteering... so it really depends on more then just MCAT and GPA

Here's an example...

NSU has lower average numbers than KCUMB, across the board. Or so it appears.

Phil Byrne, VP of admissions at KCUMB, told me that I am probably going to get an interview there because they look primarily at science GPA and MCAT. My science GPA is decent, and my MCAT is pretty strong. Probably among the top 5 percent, or better, of DO applicants.

NSU, on the other hand, is unlikely to give me a look because of my non-science GPA. My science GPA is not an issue with them, and they are not impressed by my MCAT.

So like I said... it is all different from school to school.

They are all super easy to get into... dont worry about a thing!:laugh:

the one that accepts you

Dude. Why did you just revive an 8 year old thread?
And the banhammer was strong here.

Reactions: 2 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Dude. Why did you just revive an 8 year old thread?
And the banhammer was strong here.
I hate it when I start reading a thread and getting into it, only to realize it is an old thread. hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
ai1mj.png

Reactions: 1 users

If this guy applied now, he would be in for a rude awakening.

I don't know this by statistics. But, from reading this site, it seems that LMU-DCOM and Touro -Nevada are the two easiest to get into in terms of the GPA and MCAT scores.

Not anymore. Gotta love the good ol' days.