Dec 1, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I know they are all hard and hard to get into but are there any fun ones? I am looking for a school that is hard but the students have fun while they are learning? Like a school where all the classmates like each other and go out on the weekends.

thanks

jirotrom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2008
Status
Dental Student
My friend at Boston goes out every weekend, he loves his class, but i really think its luck of the draw concerning the class you end up in... and really you should just be thankful getting in.

Oct 6, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
At NYU you get split into 14 different groups with a faculty leading it and the students told me they go out for happy hour a lot with the faculty member and their group...and the class (especially for how big it is!) seems really close and seems to do a LOT of fun stuff together. This is one of the main reasons its at the top of my list! I don't want to be miserable for 4 years haha

cybermech

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2006
Honolulu, HI
Status
Dental Student
My friend at Boston goes out every weekend, he loves his class, but i really think its luck of the draw concerning the class you end up in... and really you should just be thankful getting in.
Bigger class + cool city = more fun. Tufts and NYU fit the bill.

Well, I wouldn't put Boston amongst my "favorite" cities, but we have people going out every week regardless of whether or not there are exams.

Though, I think a factor that possibly could make Tufts more fun is that we have exam blocks, meaning that you could go as long as 1.5 months without having an exam, meaning that you can probably party for most of that time assuming that you just want to pass.

May 11, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
OSU is a great school to go to. Tons of stuff to do on campus and you have a large city around you. Also the dentistry school puts on tons of awesome events like DDS idol where students make up dentistry related parodies to songs and are judged and win cash prizes.