What is the hardest class that you have ever taken?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudyShy

XOXO
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the hardest class that you have ever taken?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't laugh but I'm going to say numeric keyboarding.

Sure, I could type like Data after I was done. But was the 1 credit hour class worth my sanity when the program would keep freezing a zillion times and I would have to start the lesson over? No way! :)

I'm only a freshman but so far Human Spirituality. We had to read whole books like Slaughter-House Five and Siddhartha, granted they were good books but the rest of the classes were cake walks compared to it

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm only a freshman but so far Human Spirituality. We had to read whole books like Slaughter-House Five and Siddhartha, granted they were good books but the rest of the classes were cake walks compared to it

You mean, you don't like Siddhartha? :laugh:

I take the numeric keyboarding thing back. I went to a small Christian university for my undergraduate degree and had to take biblical perspectives. :barf:

bio 1........... HAJK, probably developmental anatomy

Organic 1 because nothing at all made sense.

Instrumental Analysis: hardest chemistry class (had to memorize components of instruments)
Analytical Mechanics: hardest physics class, mainly because the stuff gets quite abstract and with an abysmal professor it was tough to keep an A

General Chemistry I. Seriously. It was through the Honors Program and the professor was a graduate level physical chemistry professor. It was his first time EVER teaching the course. A lot of people called it Death Chem I. Aye.

Fingerpainting 101. Course was on a curve and there were these damn gunners from the local pre-school...

Biophysical chemistry ripped me a new one.

Transport Processes 2 (Heat and Mass Transfer)

Members don't see this ad :)
German History and Culture. I am not even kidding.

I am yet to take organic though. :D

Government 2 only because I found it boring as hell. I couldn't stand being in that class

Anatomy lab, it wasn't that hard. However it was extremely boring and I simply couldn't enjoy looking at models and then memorizing structures. I'm taking organic 1 this semester and will see if this changes though :laugh:.

Calc I. Prof has a 60% drop/fail rate...

I'll agree with a few of the other posters and say that Physical Chemistry was by far the most difficult class I've taken.

Calc 2.. professor was an old angry man who tried go through calc 3/diff eq material... this guy would go on crazy rants about how american education was **** and how high school freshman should be taking calculus.
We started with 34 students and ended with 6. One of those students went to the department head and started a huge deal, went through the appeals process and took it to the board.
The professor ended up getting fired, everyone who dropped the course was given a full refund, me and another math major had a C, that was curved to an A ... the rest of them who were barely passing got a B. The final was excused.

pretty much all of my non science classes

ive concluded that all breadth requirements are just brutal and evil :scared:

so many of them still :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

Organic Chemistry 2 with Jeffery Keaffaber. 6 weeks over the summer, and it was even tougher considering I took Organic 1 at another University. Glad that **** is over!

Advanced Cell Biology - rather take organic 100 times over

Orgo II. It's not that I find the material hard..it's just that the teacher was impossible. He knows a lot but doesn't know how to teach and he expects us to know what he does after getting a PHD in synthesis of organic compounds -.- .... The average on the class tests were always around 34..I got a C+ in the class and I studied a LOT. :( :(

can't decide between biotransport phenomena or optical spectroscopy

English Poetry and Prose, 18th Century. The course ended up being almost entirely poetry, and I suck at analyzing poetry. It also didn't help that the course was 300-level and therefore mostly made up of English majors.

Physiology and Molecular Biology of Animals
This course used the same textbook as the one in med school. I almost got nailed since 93% or above was an A. and plus it was 5 credits, so there was no way but facing GPA lowering despite of As in other classes.

To me, this was harder than p-chem, o-chem, biochem, molecular bio, phy biochem and etc.

Organic Chemistry 2 with Jeffery Keaffaber. 6 weeks over the summer, and it was even tougher considering I took Organic 1 at another University. Glad that **** is over!

ah haha I took this summer orgo 2 thing with Enholm. :D
yeah Keaffaber is like Portmess.

Organic lecture. I did 1 and 2 in 8 weeks. We covered a chapter or more everyday and had a test every week. I don't think it would have been that tough if we could have gone a bit slower, but we couldn't.

Introduction to Quantum Mechanics II

Just saying it makes me go :scared::scared::scared::scared:

Why did I have to be a physics major...

Last edited:
My Gen Bio II class was the killer for me. I still don't, nor will I ever, understand how to read/interpret a cladogram. I made a B by half a percent, and that was one of the happiest days of my life!

US History. I was an international student from Asia.

Professor: "Okay class, we can skip the Constitutional Convention lecture, since you know about it already. But it will be on the midterm."

Me: "The what?!"

We also skipped the events leading up to the Declaration of Independence and the MLK/Civil rights lecture.

American History is my hardest class

Physical Organic Chemistry, way worse than normal pchem, at least where I took it.

Underwater Basketweaving - man that was a tough one.

World Literature - we had to read and dissect out the themes found in the Bhagavad Gita. I quickly dropped the class like a ton of bricks.

Metabolic Biochemistry/Developmental Bio/Comparative Anatomy/Human Anatomy. All hard but really cool.

Hardest to stay awake: Development of the Person. Total joke. I hope all upper division psych classes at my school weren't this soft.

Most frustrating: Movement and Spirituality in Native American Cultures. I honestly liked the class, put in a decent effort but got screwed with a B+, putting an end to my 4.0 streak.

i've heard people usually say pchem or thermodynamics.

O-CHEM.

harder than any astrophysics, foreign language, or grad-level course in any discipline, for me.

my school has a pretty significant chinese population (this class - probably 99%) and my lecturer started answering questions about the exam in cantonese.....

i basically cried. just this stupid blonde girl, not understanding a word of canton.....

life is cruel.

So far, pharmacy school version of biochem :smuggrin:

But, this semester we are taking pharmacogenetics. We will be taking that along with infectious disease and a bunch of other classes. I'll let you know how it goes :laugh: