What is the last date that Columbia, UPENN, Yale give out interview invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Long_John

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know they are all non-rolling schools and I know at least some of them make decisions on apps in Feb so they must be getting down to their final round of interview invites. I'm assuming mid-jan for columbia and upenn, but can anyone confirm this

Members don't see this ad.

Long_John said:
I know they are all non-rolling schools and I know at least some of them make decisions on apps in Feb so they must be getting down to their final round of interview invites. I'm assuming mid-jan for columbia and upenn, but can anyone confirm this

I'm pretty sure U. Penn's last interview date is the first/second week of Feb. As everyone on this forum undoubtedly knows - b/c I won't shut up about it, I just received an interview earlier this week. I was given 5 dates to choose from, and could select up until 1.28.05. (I scheduled mine for 1.12.05, a lot sooner than I would have thought!)

Yale interviews into mid March. I think.

Columbia sends out acceptances/rejections/waitlists in Late Feb, so I would imagine their last interviews are early Feb?

You might want to call each office to confirm though...

g'luck and happy holidays!

Egg nog! Yay!

i heard that upenn gives out invites until the third week in january. therefore they have to interview into february. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
when does upenn start interviewing? i havent seen many ppl on here with interviews there...........what about columbia?? any news from them? i havent heard from either, should i sent a letter of interest? :luck:

I've been complete at Yale and Penn since late August, and no news yet :(

I just got an interview letter from Columbia today..its for feb 7th..on the website though it says they send out most of thier accep/rej in mid jan..so is there even any point in going?

OntheRoof55 said:
I just got an interview letter from Columbia today..its for feb 7th..on the website though it says they send out most of thier accep/rej in mid jan..so is there even any point in going?

wtf? their acceptances go out in mid jan? what the deal with that; i thought they are non rolling and notify in marchish

OntheRoof55 said:

There is....it says on the website that the committee begins to meet in mid-January to make final decisions, but that decisions don't start to get mailed off until February 18th--and that's just first-round. Go!!! :)

first round?! phewwwwwwwwwwwwwww that was a scare man! upenn and columbia are both non rolling, shouldnt they be a bit later in their acceptances?

wends said:
first round?! phewwwwwwwwwwwwwww that was a scare man! upenn and columbia are both non rolling, shouldnt they be a bit later in their acceptances?

UPenn sends final decisions out mid to late March

OntheRoof55 said:

The website's not exactly accurate - when I interviewed with the Dean he said that they're sending out notifications in late Feb - but that I shouldn't worry if I don't hear from them until March.

As someone already said, i do think the committee meets in mid-Jan, but the actual notices aren't sent out until later. Go! It's a great school! G'luck.

Columbia is an awesome school! If anyone has questions, just PM me.