What is the LATEST any Osteopathic Medical school is known to give interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kerosene Hat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(All the other threads I found on this topic are either ANCIENT or pertain solely to allopathic schools.)

I know, I know - I applied a bit on the late side. My primaries were sent in November, and all my applications have been complete since the first week of February in terms of the secondary and letters of recommendation. (LECOM-E is the only exception - my application has been "under review" there since the first week of January, since their secondary does not require letters of recommendation. LECOM-B rejected me pretty quickly, unfortunately.)

Since my stats aren't the greatest, even with the TREMENDOUS boost that retakes have given me, I assume I must be on some sort of internal wait list at least at a few places? With the exception of LECOM-B, I haven't received any post-secondary rejections, either.

Some more notes:

I submitted an osteopathic physician's letter of recommendation even where it was optional.

Right now, I am retaking a science class that I originally received a D+ in. The class ends the first week of May; they wouldn't be waiting that long to see how I did, would they?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you don't get a call this month, I'd assume that your chances for this cycle have passed. I think the latest interviews are in April and typically are for a waitlist spot.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty much.
Interviewed at AZCOM in mid May last year and I believe they still had some spots open, around 10-20. But most likely you will be interviewing for wait list. (They wait listed me)
Hope that helps

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, if I were you I would start prepping to apply next cycle (EARLY), and planning what you're going to do to improve your app this year.

Sorry OP, but good luck!

Dear Ed,

Just to let you know, I am using my fiancee's user name because I have not yet logged into this network. I am in a very similar situation. I am twenty one years old and having graduated from a competitive prep school with mediocre grades, I managed to get myself admitted to Cornell University. I spent three semesters working full-time toward my BS in human development before my father decided to leave his law practice of 20 years and pursue his dream of being a teacher, along with my mother. When the tuition checks started bouncing, I decided to withdraw and have been working full-time while taking one or two classes at a time. I hope to transfer to a full-time program in or around NYC when "snudgemuffin" gets into medical school there (w/in the next two years). I hope to complete my BS by 2006 and enter medical school immediately after. Who knows, though? It seems a long way off! Meanwhile, I spend much of my time dreaming about and planning for the future. My feeling is, though, that you can never be too old, especially with the way medical schools look at "mature" students in such a positive light. Good luck!
Whoa. That is incredibly late.

My friend applied around late Dec/early Jan, and he got a NYCOM ii in mid-April. He was waitlisted in May, and was accepted in early July.

^ Interesting to hear! This is the type of thing I was looking for.

Not looking for speculation - just want to hear about others' experiences. Thanks.

Ugh... no interviews yet for 2014 - 2015 cycle, anybody else in same boat?