What is the latest date medical schools offer interviews?

Feb 21, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I searched the forum for a response to this question. I was wondering if schools offer interview invites after March or even after the May 15th decision date. I was wondering this because I plan to go on a vacation after I graduate in March and wanted to plan accordingly.

I searched the forum for a response to this question. I was wondering if schools offer interview invites after March or even after the May 15th decision date. I was wondering this because I plan to go on a vacation after I graduate in March and wanted to plan accordingly.
I'm pretty sure most (if not all) schools are done by March, a lot earlier than that. You should be fine to travel. Just make sure you have internet access to respond to acceptances and deal with financial aid/enrollment stuff.

nemo123

5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Depends on the school... Some schools are done by mid-December (NYU and Mayo come to mind), while other schools are done by April 30 (Albert Einstein).

OP
DoktorO
Feb 21, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Hmm, that's weird that NYU is done in December. I have not gotten a response from them yet and I sent in my secondary in early July.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
Camp SDN: The Place for Summer Fun
I know of a school that interviewed into June one year. Checking the School Specific threads from last year will give you a good idea of what to expect for the ones in which you have an interest.