What is the latest date medical schools offer interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoktorO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched the forum for a response to this question. I was wondering if schools offer interview invites after March or even after the May 15th decision date. I was wondering this because I plan to go on a vacation after I graduate in March and wanted to plan accordingly.

Members don't see this ad.

I searched the forum for a response to this question. I was wondering if schools offer interview invites after March or even after the May 15th decision date. I was wondering this because I plan to go on a vacation after I graduate in March and wanted to plan accordingly.
I'm pretty sure most (if not all) schools are done by March, a lot earlier than that. You should be fine to travel. Just make sure you have internet access to respond to acceptances and deal with financial aid/enrollment stuff.

Depends on the school... Some schools are done by mid-December (NYU and Mayo come to mind), while other schools are done by April 30 (Albert Einstein).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, that's weird that NYU is done in December. I have not gotten a response from them yet and I sent in my secondary in early July.