What is THE MOST AMAZING thing you have done with your life?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BJJ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know most of you are going to go on and become renowned physicians who will cure [insert incurable disease here], but let's look back and reminisce about the amazing things that we have already accomplished.

For me, nothing big yet. I went from a highschool sub 3.0 GPA to a 3.7 college overall and 3.8 Science, but nothing compares to what my old man has done with his life. I really want to hear what some of you guys have done so far.

Old Man: After paying off 1st months rent, he had 50 bucks and no car. He has been able to work himself up to a near million dollar house and is still one of the most humble men I have met. No real edumacation.

Let's hear it guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I had a few AMFs last night, and this morning my poop was totally blue!

I haven't died yet. Considering all the dumb things I've done, that's quite an accomplishment.

Members don't see this ad :)
I registered at this forum.. it's freaking amazing. :p

Well, yesterday I cured cancer. Tomorrow, I think I'll begin work on AIDS. But today I didn't really get much done.

Didn't want my parents to pay for my college education, so I went out and got a national scholarship that paid for everything.

Wow, took only 6 posts. That has got to be some kind of SDN record.

I beat up chuck norris with one hand tied behind my back

lost 25 pounds on my own. man that was a true uphill battle.

Being an asthmatic who completed his first marathon last year...not all that great but was one of those moments I will remember forever.

Last edited:
Be one of the first in my realm/WoW servers to get Cataclysm Highest Tier armor/weapons.

How? Gap Year= 24/7 WoW:laugh:

lost 25 pounds on my own. man that was a true uphill battle.

I feel you. I lost 40 lbs once in high school, then senior year with alcohol and senioritis I gained all of it back. I have now lost 20 lbs, just trying to finish off the last 20 and maybe more.

I don't know what the MOST AMAZING thing i've ever accomplished is, but I'm proud of some things:

I used to be a stick in high school, and I've put on 30 lbs of muscle since then, and i exercise daily. Can't wait to see it all disappear in med school/residency!

I got up and moved to a foreign country by myself. People give me more credit than it's worth to me... It's been a blast. :p and I've learned their language and speak fluently now :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Not really amazing, but certainly something that was hard and has defeated many people in the past.

Met a guy in high school, 8 yrs older than me. Everyone said the age gap would not last etc. I went to Delaware for undergrad while he was still in Florida. The last 3 3/4 yrs we have kept a long distance relationship for most of the year but are engaged now and planning on moving in for when I go home for med school. :)

I have connected countless deaf people with their family.

Be one of the first in my realm/WoW servers to get Cataclysm Highest Tier armor/weapons.

How? Gap Year= 24/7 WoW:laugh:

(--- Being the main tank for the best PVP raiding guild in the world in EQ2.

8 inches and counting.

They're not amazing but the accomplishments I'm must proud off were:

-Being accepted and attending med school in my home country for a year and half then moving to the US. It was tough to get in and even tougher to leave after studying what I loved only to start all over again.

-Getting my pilot's license. I dreamed of that since I was a little kid. Got it when I was 20 and this year I'm going for 2 more :)

Worked during the summer prior to my graduation at a kick ass internship in order to make mad money. Spent it all the summer I graduated in Europe for 46 days on my mom and me. I speared no expense and gave my mom the trip of a lifetime. I'll never forget it.

Worked during the summer prior to my graduation at a kick ass internship in order to make mad money. Spent it all the summer I graduated in Europe for 46 days on my mom and me. I speared no expense and gave my mom the trip of a lifetime. I'll never forget it.

I think that is very sweet!! Good for you:)

As for me, professionally, I'm very proud of getting an american heart association predoctoral fellowship grant and graduating with my phd in 4 years.

Personally, having my son was the best thing ever (he's 6 months). He's so wonderful and gives my life a whole new meaning. I'm also very proud of the fact that my husband and I, in a space of two years, got married, had a baby, bought a house, moved, went to Europe, work 40-70hrs a week...and have not killed each other yet. But it HAS been a stressful two years. :D

lost 40 pounds over junior and senior year in high school, gained a bit back but it's all muscle so i'm not concerned
and then i started a fire in back yard once, right next to our biggest wood pile too, managed to calm myself down sufficiently to gain the presence of mind and grab one of our hoses to put it out. All in all probably the most intense 20-30 seconds of my life lol
and then one time i dodged some deer , they had the entire road blocked, and i knew i wouldn't be able to stop in time, and then one of them moved and i just slipped right between them. That one caused emittance of a victory whoop, and i still had a nice buzz from the adrenaline like 15 minutes later

Old Man: After paying off 1st months rent, he had 50 bucks and no car. He has been able to work himself up to a near million dollar house and is still one of the most humble men I have met. No real edumacation.

Last edited:
I feel you. I lost 40 lbs once in high school, then senior year with alcohol and senioritis I gained all of it back. I have now lost 20 lbs, just trying to finish off the last 20 and maybe more.

Losing weight was one of the hardest things I've done. Lost 50 pounds during my freshman year in college on one of those silly cafeteria meal plans. I've maintained my current weight (160lbs) for 5 years now, proudest accomplishment yet :)

This pales in comparison to some of the stuff my classmates have done though heh

well done ladies and gentlemen, well done.

remeber this and remeber this well, nothing will ever taste as good as skinny feels, there are no exceptions.

Except bacon.

Especially bacon :D

cheryl-cole-4.jpg

see dat? every time u stuff down a bacon, ur chance of hittin on one of those up top goes down. and god kills a kitten as well.

I took a trip to the virgin islands, and now they are called "the islands."

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer dos equis.

Stay thirsty my friends.

When I was 16 I taught a dolphin how to use sign language to communicate...with a puppy.

This one time, I put a firecracker in a bullfrog's mouth. Blew its whole head off.

inb4 nobody gets this reference

I know most of you are going to go on and become renowned physicians who will cure [insert incurable disease here], but let's look back and reminisce about the amazing things that we have already accomplished.

For me, nothing big yet. I went from a highschool sub 3.0 GPA to a 3.7 college overall and 3.8 Science, but nothing compares to what my old man has done with his life. I really want to hear what some of you guys have done so far.

Let's hear it guys.

Same, I went from a 3.3 GPA in high school to a 4.0 in college. I realized a lot of things going in to college. Motivation pays off and I'm proud of it.

Help set up sustainable program to improve immigrant labor healthcare
Teaching science in an inner city school
I can float in the air

• Having my beautiful son, now 7, and putting myself through undergrad after having a baby at age 20
  • taking care of a very septic and unstable child in Haiti. He got typhoid and perforated his gut. During his most unstable time, the doc and I were literally making stuff of out sterilized straws and soda bottles for makeshift medical equipment. He was intubated and on a ventilator, and the power went out twice, so that all the inotropy/ventilatory support he had would suddenly just be gone. I had to sit there and count his dopamine drip out on my watch with a flashlight in my teeth for light. We extubated him after 3 days, and eventually he went home, as good as new.
  • Finishing my first marathon was awesome too, can't wait to do my second one this fall!

Decided I wasn't trapped in my job and did something about it. Quit career as an accountant to be a pre-med post-bac student. Matriculate to med school this fall at 29.

They're not amazing but the accomplishments I'm must proud off were:

-Being accepted and attending med school in my home country for a year and half then moving to the US. It was tough to get in and even tougher to leave after studying what I loved only to start all over again.

-Getting my pilot's license. I dreamed of that since I was a little kid. Got it when I was 20 and this year I'm going for 2 more :)

What med schl. do you attend?

I was on a boat that sank in the middle of a swift river. I was extremely close to drowning. But I did not panic and did what I had to do to survive.

I was considered to be one of the top 5 players in all of Shattered Galaxy. I currently am ranked #13 out of 5k USA players in hattrick.org. I'm also in the top 5% of players in League of Legends.

So basically, I'm really good at video games but my life's pretty mundane otherwise.

I was on a boat that sank in the middle of a swift river. I was extremely close to drowning. But I did not panic and did what I had to do to survive.

Damn...something similar happened to me. I was like 3 (I think) in bangladesh and walked into a pond thanks to one of these

walker.jpg

I was underwater for a while and my mom had to grab me when she realized I was gone. I wasn't breathing for a while, but eventually woke up.

I hitchhiked over 10,000 miles in a summer a few years ago. It was an amazing and surreal few months, but I was also in a rough spot in my life & didn't care whether I lived through it...so I count the fact that I'm still alive to be one of my bigger accomplishments as well.

I hitchhiked over 10,000 miles in a summer a few years ago. It was an amazing and surreal few months, but I was also in a rough spot in my life & didn't care whether I lived through it...so I count the fact that I'm still alive to be one of my bigger accomplishments as well.

(edit) Whee, duplicate post. This forum doesn't let you delete them?

Last edited:

sounds pretty dangerous...must've been some shady guys picking you up...

sounds pretty dangerous...must've been some shady guys picking you up...

you just gotta know how to say NO very firmly...and keep a knife in your boot just in case.

Or at least, that was my contingency plan at the time. Not necessarily well thought-out.