What is the one most important honor you received?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brsboarder

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What if I haven't received anything really important?

Members don't see this ad.

so far national deans list and honors society president.

Members don't see this ad :)
The most important honor I have received is the honor associated with helping others.

I've started a club, been president of a 50+ person club, and was a Howard Hughes Fellow, but those don't seem like "honors"

I've started a club, been president of a 50+ person club, and was a Howard Hughes Fellow, but those don't seem like "honors"

Uh....starting a club is better than getting a medal/piece of paper for good grades. You're fine. Don't let SDN type-A personalities freak you out.

how does starting a club fit into a definition like: "award: a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"

how does starting a club fit into a definition like: "award: a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"

Do you honestly feel like you need a piece of paper saying you're awesome? Is it the missing piece in your application? Would an award "complete you"? And yes I'm being sarcastic.

From the sentence you supplied here (although we don't know if that's the exact same way it's phrased on the app), it need not be an award or official recognition type of thing. It could be anything else, like "I received the honor of being able to help developmentally disabled students succeed in the regular classroom when I was a tutor."

The Howard Hughes Fellowship award should feel like an honor.

I guess i'm being more critical of my accomplishments than I should be basically

Members don't see this ad :)
its not often you find light hearted answers here. I'm glad I could provide some laughs for people. I guess I'll just worry about my gpa(3.98) and mcat (43) and whether or not I will be getting into the 43 schools I applied to. Just kidding!

Ok, fine, here is a picture of me looking a little more ridiculous

2000287816431873037_rs.jpg

Do you honestly feel like you need a piece of paper saying you're awesome? Is it the missing piece in your application? Would an award "complete you"? And yes I'm being sarcastic.

Yes. Yes it is missing from my application. Yes, a piece of paper declaring my awesomeness would in fact, complete me.

i once scored a touchdown at polk high :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Best. Honor. Ever...for those that got it at least...

I would say an AVN award for best up-and-comer;):D

But seriously, I would say becoming an Eagle Scout at such a young age was definitely the ultimate honor for me...

Last night my three year old gave me the title of Best Daddy in the World!

all-american NCAA athlete

Fortin Award Recipient- award for best paper in my undergraduate class in "Development in Western Civilization"- a core requirement class for everyone at my school- paper was on T.S. Eliot's "The Wasteland"

Is this something that would make me stand out a lot on an application?

My Dad told me I'm not lazy anymore (compared to my childhood).

Best honor, ever (thanks Dad).