What is the typical timeline for interview offers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piglet2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my secondaries during the 2nd to last week of July, verified/complete status around 7/31. No word since then. In past years, when do interview offers usually come in? After Labor day? I only received 1 interview offer so far., OOS school Thanks.

(Asking specifically for UMD, Georgetown, GW, JHU, NYMC, PA schools, VA schools, Rosalind Franklin, BU, Case Western).

Members don't see this ad.

No way to tell. Go read the school specific threads for last cycle to see when interview invites started. It might give you an idea.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
I second the above poster. Some schools offer IIs sooner than others. Some schools offer IIs later in the season. lpp06 has a wonderful interview tracker going that might be useful to you as well:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Another good place to look is MDApps. Some people list their II dates, which can be really helpful. Seeing a few whole (successful) cycles laid out start to finish can give you a sense of perspective and hope. For example, a few days ago I read an Mdapps page of a guy from a few cycles ago who had a 3.7x and 520ish who didn't get any interviews until September, had many rejections, got a Yale interview in January, waitlisted at Yale, accepted to Yale in may, and matriculated there. You just never know. I still check my email every half hour, though. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Another good place to look is MDApps. Some people list their II dates, which can be really helpful. Seeing a few whole (successful) cycles laid out start to finish can give you a sense of perspective and hope. For example, a few days ago I read an Mdapps page of a guy from a few cycles ago who had a 3.7x and 520ish who didn't get any interviews until September, had many rejections, got a Yale interview in January, waitlisted at Yale, accepted to Yale in may, and matriculated there. You just never know. I still check my email every half hour, though. ;)

Haha thanks. Being a neurotic pre-med, so do I. Thanks for the helpful links everyone.