what is the usual cut off for masters OT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physiorooike

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Every time I call in OT schools to ask about the REAL cut off average from last year, they are not willing to answer it. They tell me they have to look at volunteer, personal essay, etc...
But come on, the real thing that will make someone accepted or not is the GPA.

My CGPA is not good (2.8) but my last 60 units of GPA is around 3.4,

I really want to know if this is a competitive GPA at all for any Master of OT schools in the states so that I can save time and effort to apply.
I'm also looking for schools that don't require GRE because they are very low

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Every time I call in OT schools to ask about the REAL cut off average from last year, they are not willing to answer it. They tell me they have to look at volunteer, personal essay, etc...
But come on, the real thing that will make someone accepted or not is the GPA.

My CGPA is not good but my last GPA can be around 3.4,

I really want to know if this is a competitive GPA at all for any Master of OT schools in the states so that I can save time and effort to apply.

What do you guys think?

What? Do camels smell?

Anyway. 3.4???? The cut off for OT? Wow. I have a 3.02 CGPA. I have been accepted to 2 PT programs with this GPA. Southwest Baptist University and Touro College. Part of the game plan in getting into a program is knowing which schools to apply to. Which schools are you trying to apply to? Because if you know you have a low GPA (like how I know I had a low GPA) don't apply to programs that wont even look at you. I wasn't going to apply to USC, Columbia, Yale - they dont have PT school, but you know what I mean.