what is this called? Please help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

houseobsessed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is it the problem called in the body that affects one side of something/body but shows up on the other side, you know, like a mirror reflecting. Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you :thumbup:
to the other dude to
But referred pain doesn't necessarily work on a contralateral basis... though I'm not an expert.

When I think of referred pain, I think of heart pain - which you can't *really* feel - manifesting as left chest/arm pain, because they share a sensory nerve pathway. It actually gives it a side, which is unlike an injury in your right hand making your left hand hurt - that is contralateral.

But referred pain doesn't necessarily work on a contralateral basis... though I'm not an expert.

When I think of referred pain, I think of heart pain - which you can't *really* feel - manifesting as left chest/arm pain, because they share a sensory nerve pathway. It actually gives it a side, which is unlike an injury in your right hand making your left hand hurt - that is contralateral.

Yeah that sounds right. Referred pain and contralateral are two different concepts.