what is this world coming to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kernel

OSU c/o 2017
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
are we all robots? i was disappointed in my B's but i figured i'd get over it... until i came here and saw the abundance of complaints about A-'s and the "less than perfect four-points."

i'm appalled. i only want to be a doctor if i can retain my status as a human being with struggles, flaws, and a LIFE. :eek::scared::confused: i never thought i'd consider giving up so soon...

I agree...but its all a competition at the same time, making it easy to get too wrapped up in things

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry. I think most of us are normal. Hey, I'm in Portland too! This weather sucks and more is on the way..

*woot my first hijack*
I know, right? I'm not used to this ice everywhere, and it's much too cold!

Yay for being normal. It's easy to lose sight of what that is in college, I guess.

Don't let that stop you from getting over it. You'll make it on your own merits, not on other people's insecurities.

There is not an abundance of threads complaining about "less than perfect 4.0 points." They do pop up. People worry. People vent. In the end, their worries do nothing to diminish your own strengths.

Just focus on being your own best, and don't let what makes other people feel insecure be part of your own worries. Help them cope with it or to succeed on their own when you can. It won't lessen your own worth or your own chances.

People still don't realize that it's not all about numbers. Plenty of 4.0's have been rejected and others with lower stats have gotten in so I wouldn't stress too much and just try to do your best.

Don't let that stop you from getting over it. You'll make it on your own merits, not on other people's insecurities.

There is not an abundance of threads complaining about "less than perfect 4.0 points." They do pop up. People worry. People vent. In the end, their worries do nothing to diminish your own strengths.

Just focus on being your own best, and don't let what makes other people feel insecure be part of your own worries. Help them cope with it or to succeed on their own when you can. It won't lessen your own worth or your own chances.

It's amazing what a few wise words can do. Thank you :)

It actually feels like the same few users are creating all the obnoxious "Oh no, a B!" threads. Not that I'm going to name anyone ;)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvVOoCKjonY[/YOUTUBE]

You are right in that you shouldn't have to worry too much about grades.. it's just not worth it. The fact is that you need to do well, so in other words your absolute personal best.. the trick being to balance it with everything else.

As far as undergrad typically goes, work hard (read: make it a job) and just about anybody can do well. If your not doing well, than reassess how your studying because the pre-reqs are not over anyone here's head - atleast no one who can finish medical school. If you don't have enough time to relax at least a few hours a day, I would say change it up.

I find myself saying this a lot here on SDN, but keep your head up. This is doable. I promise that if you want it than you'll have it eventually. :thumbup:

You are right in that you shouldn't have to worry too much about grades.. it's just not worth it. The fact is that you need to do well, so in other words your absolute personal best.. the trick being to balance it with everything else.

As far as undergrad typically goes, work hard (read: make it a job) and just about anybody can do well. If your not doing well, than reassess how your studying because the pre-reqs are not over anyone here's head - atleast no one who can finish medical school. If you don't have enough time to relax at least a few hours a day, I would say change it up.

I find myself saying this a lot here on SDN, but keep your head up. This is doable. I promise that if you want it than you'll have it eventually. :thumbup:

sweet. thank you. well screw getting a *real* job then, ill just have to live off of potatoes for the next couple of months. :laugh: