What is too low of a PAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USCbiograd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am worried about my PAT section score from the DAT. I only made an 18, but I felt that the rest of the test scores were pretty solid.
Bio 20
GChem 23
OChem 21
RC 20
QR 18
PAT 18
TS 21
AA 20

Do you guys think that an 18 will hinder my chance of gaining acceptance to dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

I am worried about my PAT section score from the DAT. I only made an 18, but I felt that the rest of the test scores were pretty solid.
Bio 20
GChem 23
OChem 21
RC 20
QR 18
PAT 18
TS 21
AA 20

Do you guys think that an 18 will hinder my chance of gaining acceptance to dental school?

it wont hurt your chances.

Bio 20
GChem 23
OChem 21
RC 20
QR 18
PAT 18
TS 21
AA 20

No I think you should be good as long as you have some shadow work and good gpa. I dont see any reason for you to retake unless you know you can better in every section! Thats the only reason I would even attempt to take it!!

Just my $0.02

Btw, Do you have any input on bio section!!! Everyone on here said it is really really hard!! In your opinion was it bad?!

I didn' think the bio section was all that hard. The questions can be out of left field, and to be honest I saw a lot of questions that were not covered by any of my study aids (Kaplan and Topscore). Just make sure you are comfortable with a BROAD range of Biology questions. Also, since there are 40 questions that compose the Bio section you have a little more room for error than the other Natural Science sections.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should be fine with dental school... hopefully you will be able to express yourself on an interview and show your interest in dentistry. otherwise congratulations