What is typical response to "Thank you email" post interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queenki

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering what would be a typical response email from interviewer to "thank you" email you send?

Not that it can dictate anything, just wondering....:) out of curiosity.

How many send out "thank you" post interview?

Next two months will be very long wait.....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you actually have followup questions, getting a response is usually an exception, not the norm. Same deal with job interviews, most interviewers don't respond, unless you actually have questions.

Unless you actually have followup questions, getting a response is usually an exception, not the norm. Same deal with job interviews, most interviewers don't respond, unless you actually have questions.

I see thanks for letting me know. I just didn't know about it since this is my first time applying, my first interview. I guess I somehow got really uniquely rare chance....I didn't ask any follow up questions. Just very basic thank you email.

:)

Last edited:
some people reply some dont. i had friends who got replies. either way it wont effect if you are accepted or not
Thanks. I was just wondering what the contents look like but I guess getting response itself wasn't typical to begin with. :)

Out of 5 interviewers so far, I got responses from 3!

I only got a response for my in-state interviewers. I believe that was because it was fairly early on during the interview cycle, but didn't receive any after that. The interviewers probably saw your thank you letters but didn't respond because they may be really busy as faculties.