What is up with 5R verbal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtmunie

John 14:6
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else finish every passage in 5R verbal with a "wtf did i just read?" And all those boring passages, no variety at all. I got a 10 but I felt like I was guessing on the majority of the questions. Did anybody else feel like this about 5R verbal? I thought it was a lot harder than EK 101 passages.

Members don't see this ad.

mtmunie said:
Did anyone else finish every passage in 5R verbal with a "wtf did i just read?" And all those boring passages, no variety at all. I got a 10 but I felt like I was guessing on the majority of the questions. Did anybody else feel like this about 5R verbal? I thought it was a lot harder than EK 101 passages.

ha, nice timing. i just finished 5r myself and also got a ten but i lost five questions alone on that picasso passage. horrible.

I also ended up spending 12 minutes on the first passage because it bored the hell out of me

5R Verbal is just downright ugly. Amazingly though despite that picasso passage I got a 9. < my better verbal score

that damn picaso passage! :eek: 5r verbal has been one of the toughest ones yet. so is 5r verbal known to be the hardest and do the rest of the aamc verbals become a little more easier to deal with?

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree with all of you. i just took it and im glad i got a 10 on the verbal.

superwillis said:
yeh, that passage was a beast. I missed 4 on that one alone.

ditto on the Picasso passage, i only missed 5 total on verbal (yay! :D ) but FOUR of those were on that one passage :mad: ! what a b*tch.

I didn't mind 5R verbal at all...except the very first passage, god it was boring. Felt like I bombed it, but ended up with an 11. And I liked the picasso passage :)

I got a 12 on that one too... but that Picasso passage... made me think I need to take an Art Appreciation class just so I could understand what was going on... hoping there is a limited amount of Humanities passages on my real VR, because that's the only stuff I'm lost on... you can throw anything else at me, just not those god damned art passages :mad: