SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What is up with VA Medical Schools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by KCulverick, Sep 21, 2001.

1. KCulverick

KCulverick New Member

Sep 20, 2001
    GRRRR I recieved 2 rejections in a week, both from VA schools (EVMS and MCV/VCU). They DON'T even have my August scores yet!I called MCV and she couldn't give me a clear answer as to why. Perhaps it is because I am an out of state resident (CALI)...is anyone else having the problem of being rejected when your MCAT scores isn't in yet?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator 7+ Year Member

Jul 6, 2001
    I feel your pain. I got rejected from one school thus far, that school being ETSU. They didn't even have my August MCAT scores, and they rejected me. Someone told me this when I posted that news: If the school isn't going to give you the time of day, then they're not worth YOUR time. VCU put me on hold (ie. until August MCAT scores are received). Yet, I have other friends who are in the same situation as you. They were rejected w/out their new MCAT scores. Sometimes, it's hard to explain why they do what they do...

Best of luck to you w/ the rest of your schools.

:)

4. Maple

Maple 7+ Year Member

Jul 16, 2001
    California
    Hi,

Sorry about the rejection. I don't think that your residency comes into play though. I got VCU's secondary invite, and I am from Cali too. Maybe you should talk to somone there. Everytime I've called, I've gotten a really nice person. Try calling..

Good Luck :)