What is/was your undergraduate major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow no chem majors? well now there is...:D

Members don't see this ad.

Bio major with minors in Spanish, Forensic Science, and Chem (I only have to take two extra classes for the last two minors.) I like anthro but my school only offers a minor in it. Before this whole thing is over I'll probably have that one too.....

I majored in Finance at my undergarduate institution's business school. I think I was definately at an advantage as you don't see someone from a business school applying to medical school everyday.

The key is whatever major you do, make sure you're top notch at it. And MORE IMPORTANTLY, get all your pre-med requirement out of the way. And, if you're going to do a non-traditional major, at least do a minor relating to the biological sciences (AND DO WELL IN IT!!)so that when you apply to schools you can show them that you are competent in sciences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, I hated math and physics majors at parties. Honestly, how does one compete?

[breathes on fingernails, wipes on shirt] Don't even try man, just start talking to the second-rate girls . . . better yet, make it the third-rate girls.

Hahaha my upper division physics courses were absolute sausagefests. I did it (with a math minor) for the ladies too. Yeah.

Sadly I had classes that were all guys. Most of the rest were mainly guys, some that I was unsure and maybe one cute girl, but you knew that one was a hellcat!

I always wondered were all these cute girls I saw walking around campus were. Maybe I should have taken more psychology, telecom and elementary ed classes.

Philosophy, Anthropology, Neurobiology.

i started out as english

then switched to bio (yeah...i sold out)

considering chem but i don't know. pchem and advanced inorganic lab seem kind of.... tough.

For some reason, I think this board seems biased toward those who are science majors.

For some reason? Really? REALLY?

Sorry I just channeled that episode of south park when I read that statement :)

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, I could at least answer your question while being a smartass. Mechanical Engineer here.

health and nutrition

i started out as english

then switched to bio (yeah...i sold out)

considering chem but i don't know. pchem and advanced inorganic lab seem kind of.... tough.

Yeah, I started out wanting a degree in chem....then I learned about p-chem, and decided majoring in marine bio would be cheaper since I wouldn't have to buy nearly as much alcohol to get me through the semester.

was a bio major freshman year, but switched to psych b/c i was learning more about human anat and physiology from intro psych than intro bio. then took up a minor in bio.

Members don't see this ad :)
Economics with a minor in German

Why are physics majors so arrogant?

At my school ( I go to a CC) and all the students from the physics department are so arrogant its not even funny.

Biomedical Engineering and I love it. I honestly think this should be the new premed degree. We watch live surgeries and communicate with the surgeons, read EKG's, perform heart surgery on a live pig, and do research in tissue engineering.

Sadly I had classes that were all guys. Most of the rest were mainly guys, some that I was unsure and maybe one cute girl, but you knew that one was a hellcat!

I always wondered were all these cute girls I saw walking around campus were. Maybe I should have taken more psychology, telecom and elementary ed classes.

well it looks like you won in the end, your g/f /wife's really pretty. (don't get pissed, i'm a straight chick)

to the OP: i have to decide this month or ill have a hold.

mechanical engineering

Major: Physics
Minor: Chemistry
All extra pre-reqs are all bio courses

I :love: science, what can I say.

Why are physics majors so arrogant?

At my school ( I go to a CC) and all the students from the physics department are so arrogant its not even funny.

Possibility number one: When you're a physics major, and people ask what your major is, and you tell them... people tend to gawk and go "oh wow, you must be really smart."

Possibility number two: The people who tend to like physics, (at least the other majors at my university), are the type of people who are really really book smart, but are lacking those mighty important social skills. (You know the type I'm talking about).

So inflated ego, or inability to interact.

Just so you know, not all physics majors are arrogant, I'm a physics major, and I'll tell you what, I feel like a dumb**** when I'm in class.

Right now, it's Psychology (Behaviorial Neuroscience concentration), though I'm probably going to bump the required Bio minor up to a second major.

BS/MS Mechanical Engineering

And I'll throw in my 2c about the difficulty thing... I went back and took prereqs plus some other useful courses before matriculating (organic, A&P, genetics, biochem, comparative, etc.) - 32 hours worth (every class had a lab) in two semesters, and absolutely breezed by with a 4.0. Engineering was a different story... so I guess it really just depends on the person as to what majors are more or less difficult.

Major: Economics
Minor: Arabic

Health Services Administration with a minor in Chem

Yeah, I started out wanting a degree in chem....then I learned about p-chem, and decided majoring in marine bio would be cheaper since I wouldn't have to buy nearly as much alcohol to get me through the semester.

:laugh:

BA in Music (voice)
minor in communications

... went on to get a MHA

Philosophy

(nice to see it is more represented than most humanities majors here) :smuggrin:

major: medical laboratory science (specialization in medical technology)
minor: spanish

Started off as a Philosophy major (WTF was I thinking?) and then switched to English and Journalism. My minors, Judaic Studies and Hebrew are still the same.

environmental science, emphasis in health

Major: philosophy
Minor: Italian (loving the language majors and minors in here)
Posted via Mobile Device

Music & International Studies

Double-majoring in English (with a concentration in composition) and Chemistry (emphasis for the Health Sciences).

Nothing like studying statistical thermodynamics while reading up on theories of literary play and hypertextuality :cool:

Microbiology... I <3 prokaryotes!

With a minor in public health, because it's fun.

Majoring in biochemistry with a minor in art and Japanese..

ways of satiating my longing for study abroad and art school...

i wanted to be the first chem major.. guess im the 5th. oh well.. chemistry all the way!! whooo!!!
but seriously, wow so many of you are gonna rock out in the first two years with all your human bio classes...

Music Performance

Physiology