what is your career goal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering....what are your career goals?

I came from an underprivileged background and pretty much grew up uninsured until i entered college. I experienced first-hand what it is like to be sick and not be able to afford a doctor. My career goal is to reach out and provide medical services to the underpriviledged population. I want to find ways to bring quality care to the poor patients. I think it is stupid that the poors are not getting the care they need because of financial reasons. I don't think politicians can correct that either....I think it is up to us future doctors to take action.

Members don't see this ad.

sadly we need their help. doctors alone won't be able to help as much as they would like.

but as for me something in pediatrics.

I'm very frustrated with the American Health care system. I personally lost an uncle and an aunt because they sought medical care too late. They both die of cancer. if they were to have health insurance and get regular check ups, I believe both lives could be saved.

My mother recently asked me where she can get a manogram she can afford. I couldn't reply to her, not because i didn't know the answer, but because I am shocked that a 45 year old woman never had a manogram...i just pray that my mother will not become another victime of this stupid Health care system

jlee9531 said:
sadly we need their help. doctors alone won't be able to help as much as they would like.

but as for me something in pediatrics.

Members don't see this ad :)
sdnstud said:
I'm very frustrated with the American Health care system. I personally lost an uncle and an aunt because they sought medical care too late. They both die of cancer. if they were to have health insurance and get regular check ups, I believe both lives could be saved.

My mother recently asked me where she can get a manogram she can afford. I couldn't reply to her, not because i didn't know the answer, but because I am shocked that a 45 year old woman never had a manogram...i just pray that my mother will not become another victime of this stupid Health care system
story of my life, and my family's.

sdnstud said:
I'm very frustrated with the American Health care system.

I appreciate your frustration and few things are worse than the death of a loved one. However, is there another country's system that you believe is better? And if so, why?

sdnstud said:

Your mom isn't that far behind - current recommendations are to get a baseline between 35 and 40, and one every other year between 40 and 50. So she's only 5 years behind, which isn't really that long. Don't worry too hard!

it's mammogram honey!! ;)

I think I want to become a doctor.

yea.. mammogram - as in the mammary glands that are found in mammals... easy to remember... ;)

career goals - well honestly i want to help ppl... well duh right? i think being a doctor will put me in the position both job wise and socially to help ppl. when you gain the respect of your community, it is easier to reach out to leaders in the community and motivate them to do things to help ppl in ways they may not have seen otherwise. there are a few other things i am wanting to start up to do, but right now im focusing on meds.