What is Your Dental School Attendance/Absence request Policy? I need your Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Does your school excuse you for attending a family members wedding?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

anoose007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me and all of my fellow Big and Small Sib colleagues with this request. We are trying to change our schools policy of requesting an excused absence request, and what is considered to be an excused absence. Our dental school is fairly new and the school would only consider change only if other schools in the country have similar standards.

I ask you to please message me with a copy of your schools attendance policy and what is considered to be an excused absences.

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Wow no replies, I'm really surprised

Edit: sorry, hadn't eaten lunch yet. I was hangry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You do not write well. Your post was almost incomprehensible.

I also don't care about your absence policy.

It read just fine to me... sheesh lol

OP: If you tell them far enough in advance then you can be absent for just about anything at my school. The key is to work with professors on this one and let them know as soon as you know.

Someone at my school just missed a test for a family members funeral no biggie.

Edit: sorry, hadn't eaten lunch yet. I was hangry.
Its best if you keep your comments to yourself, especially if you have nothing positive to add to the subject matter. Thanks

Attendance is required for us. There are a certain amount of unexcused absences allowed which is based on the number of hours per week we have the class. The more hours per week, the more unexcused absences in terms of hours we can have, I don't exactly remember how it is calculated. I can find out and let you know later.

Excused absences must be proven with some type of documentation or if you know you aren't going to be in class it helps to tell the professor a few days before, they don't seem to mind for the most part and don't put the absence down.