what is your dream med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

urasia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
let's say you have stellar stats, EC, recs, and everything else, which school would you choose to attend, and why? :)

Members don't see this ad.

School:
St. George University
Reason:
Leave other people more chances to get into Harvard.

My dream school?
Any school with a 99:1 Female to male ratio.
Anyone want to practice physical exams?

:)

Seriously, I have some preferred schools, but I'm still at the point of "any school that will take me."

Members don't see this ad :)
How much are we allowed to dream with this?

First of all, they all lead to the same end...I used to specify "preferences," but right now, I just feel so honored to have been accepted.

Having said that...in a perfect, utopian and Neverending Story-esque world (ah, the sounds of Erasure now drift through my head!!!), I'd choose....

Yale Med, except with the entire school lifted up and plunked down into NY City!!!! :D ;)

Gotta be Hopkins.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, Yale, except I think it might lose something if it were put in a huge city.

Oh Yale or Cornell please take me!!! (I liked New Haven! Low cost of living, and a great diverse community) :)

UCSF please, oh pretty please! I would shave my head bald if I got in there.

UPenn is my first choice. They rock the party at Pediatrics and Surgery, my two favorite things in the whole world....besides women.

Definitely Mayo, except transported to a city with at least a couple hundred thousand more people!

this is turning into the dream mate thread...

"she's gotta have a firm stomach and a tight ass. If she doesn't love to learn and give great head she's not good enough. Oh yeah, she also has to be a great artist, love me even if I'm a janitor and enjoy sitting around watching basketball and football. And umm.. that cooking and cleaning bit" :D

Probably WashU

Reason: I'm an undergrad here, and i love it. All t he profs are great, they care about you. It's good for research.

but.... this really shouldn't mean much.. i haven't looked into schools yet. Oh, and i'll add to that, hopkins, duke.

haha, you guys crack me up. as for me, pritzker and yale are my top choices. if i get into either one of them, i would give up candies for a year. maybe i should tell that adcoms that when i apply next year so they know how very committed i am. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
the one I get accepted at

GWU. DC isn't where my home is at the moment, but certainly where my heart is. It was also my undergrad school, and I like their curriculum.

OHSU, I love Portland! All the fishing, camping, and hiking a girl could hope for!

Indiana University. It's the only state supported med school here.

Is there anyone else who doesn't care what med school they go to just as long as they go to one? :D :D :D . At this point, I'd take any med school who will accept me.

Well, since we're all dreaming... Stanford or Harvard would be my top choices... but really, any one that would accept me could certainly win a place in my heart.

Definitely Mayo. And the city is fine with me.

Baylor College of Medicine.

Why oh why won't that major dude call me! sniff..sniff... --Trek

Although it is rare to find a UCLA Bruin whose first choice is not UCLA.... I have to say my dream school is UCSF... but since I just got rejected from them last week.... UCLA is numero uno!

In my wildest dreams it would probably be UCSF... I visited it and loved it. San Fran is beautiful in general. Aaaah Dreams!

My dream school is a school that teaches their students to learn and accept other forms of medicine, like Howard or GW in D.C.

UCSF is definitely at the top of my list. I could live in the Bay Area for the rest of my life and die happy. :)

Bruin here,
UCLA is my #1. I would give someone else's left nut to get into that school. ;)

I just got back from EVMS and I absolutely loved it! So, I'd haveta say EVMS.

UCSF here, too. As someone else already said, I can live here in Bay area for the rest of my life and die happy. UCSF has a great hospital and the whole city is like, well, like a dream. there is no sense of hostility here, like in other big cities. plus all the different cultures and their yummy foods...the major reason

Yale is my dream school. Love New Haven and the med school. Not crazy about the coed bathrooms and showers though.

put me down for columbia. im an undergrad here and they've really sold all of us on the columbia system.

Mayo!!!!

I just came back from an interview there, and I was very, very impressed. It was my first choice before going there, and afterwards there is no doubt in my mind!