What is your dream school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any school that like minority

Members don't see this ad.

If any of these accept me, I'd gladly go:

Howard University
Georgetown University
UMaryland
Johns Hopkins University (MD)

University of Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth University

SUNY Downstate
NYU
Columbia University (NY)

Harvard University (MA)
Yale University (CT)
University of Massachusetts—Worcester

University of Pennsylvania (Perelman)
University of Pittsburgh

University of North Carolina—Chapel Hill
Duke University (NC)

University of Chicago (Pritzker)
University of Michigan—Ann Arbor

any school that like minority

so.. which is it

Members don't see this ad :)
Pritzker!!

(p.s. submitting my app next week so if anyone wants to let me know how I can become competitive at U of Chicago in the next 8 days that'd be swell ha)

All you have to do is have great stats and ECs and demonstrate that you will fit-in with their class.

OP, I have just one question for you.

Do you even lift?
I bodybuild. Now my question for you is..........
bro-do-you-even-lift.jpg

Any school that will take an angry black chic is my dream school

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Rochester

sweet baby Jesus give me a 34 MCAT

If any of these accept me, I'd gladly go:

Howard University
Georgetown University
UMaryland
Johns Hopkins University (MD)

University of Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth University

SUNY Downstate

NYU
Columbia University (NY)

Harvard University (MA)
Yale University (CT)
University of Massachusetts—Worcester

University of Pennsylvania (Perelman)
University of Pittsburgh

University of North Carolina—Chapel Hill
Duke University (NC)

University of Chicago (Pritzker)
University of Michigan—Ann Arbor

one of those don't go with the rest.

Me too! My dream school was/is Colorado.
Colorado has always been my med school crush before, during, and after this application season! <3

BCM actually didn't become my dream school until I interviewed, but I was immediately hooked. I was ecstatic to get that congratulatory phone call from the dean that late October day in 2011...

Congrats on admission to Colorado!

University of Washington School of Medicine Alaska Track!! <3 <3 that or University Medical School in Tromso Norway

Harvard

I'm starting a research job in the Partners system, so hopefully I can start making some connections to help make that happen

UTSW. Great school and close to home :xf: I'd consider eating a poop hotdog to get in

any school that's dirt cheap and relatively easy to get into. i am not ambitious at all, i just want to scrape by and get into some school. :xf: please, please, please, please, please... i have two in-state state schools, let at least one of them work out... :scared:

you sound ambitious to me

Finals are around the corner. Lets remind ourselves what we are working hard for. What are y'alls dream medical school or schools and why? :thumbup:

Any medical school honestly. But I've always like MSUCOM, wish it had a more reasonable OOS tuition though.

KU. Went there for undergrad and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. If it comes down to it I would, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Good luck, bud.

A. Thank you! (if you are being sincere. if you are being sarcastic then shame on you!)
B. Why do respondents to my posts call me "bud" or "man"? I'm new to this site so is there a thing where everyone just assumes all posters are male to make it easier? Or do you just assume based on the username? Cuz I know a lot of guys are into kittys and tattoos but I am actually a female.

All you have to do is have great stats and ECs and demonstrate that you will fit-in with their class.

1. half check (still waiting on MCAT score)
2. check!
3. check!
:)

I've already been here a year. The weather isn't much more extreme than where I moved from, so I can deal. I do love BCM, though. Love my classmates. As far as what I hate about Houston....traffic.
lol for me it's okay.

Oh man, I'm originally from Los Angeles,CA the worst traffic ever day and night it's there. :thumbdown:

A. Thank you! (if you are being sincere. if you are being sarcastic then shame on you!)
B. Why do respondents to my posts call me "bud" or "man"? I'm new to this site so is there a thing where everyone just assumes all posters are male to make it easier? Or do you just assume based on the username? Cuz I know a lot of guys are into kittys and tattoos but I am actually a female.

I'm being sincere.

My bad, dude lol I sometimes called girls and guys dude, but if they prefer not to be called that, I won't. :)

Yeah man, I feel you bro. Usually, I'm good at detecting female SDNers, but I didn't say anything this time. Sorry about that dude.

Whichever school has the best female:male ratio.

It's Cornell, Mt. Sinai, or Columbia for me! (With NYU as a Hon. Mention)

I would really love to able to stay in NYC! (But hey if you're gonna tell me I'm accepted in Arkansas I'll go running)

:confused:

Whichever school has the best female:male ratio.

You know, I could be wrong about this, but pretty sure the majority of schools are biased male:female (i.e., almost always more males in a class than females). Or, at least, that's what comes to mind when I think about all the school stats I've seen.

So not sure you'll find a school with a lot more females than males (if that's what you were looking for?).

Tbh, I'm used to that kind of ratio (54%males/46% females, etc)--my undergrad alma mater was the same way (then again, we just celebrated 40 years of coeducation this year, soooo...)