What is your dream school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Penn. Philadelphia and Penn are amazing (squared).

Ok I'll give you Penn...but Philadelphia not so much....don't get me wrong...unbelievably diverse patient population...but the city itself is just ok....but I do like JFK blvd and Old City and I live in Center City (well next to CCP)

Members don't see this ad.

My "dream school" must have changed a million times throughout this process. I was really impressed with Baylor, Brown, and Mayo after I interviewed. Harvard seemed too high-stress for me. I had lunch with a M1 from my alma mater and she was miserable. I was actually relieved I didn't get in, because it would have been really hard to turn down.

In the end I won the jackpot and finally got into my dream school- Mayo. The students are VERY happy, P/F, tons of research opportunities, etc. That it ended up being free was just icing on the unbelievably great cake.
Mayo is a very special place. The students love it, and I think everyone gets either a half-ride or a full ride. I hope you like professional clothing though. No scrubs unless you're in the OR. ;)

(And it's REALLY, REALLY cold. :D)

EDIT: I hit 1,000 posts. Supernerd status attained.

Mayo is a very special place. The students love it, and I think everyone gets either a half-ride or a full ride. I hope you like professional clothing though. No scrubs unless you're in the OR. ;)

(And it's REALLY, REALLY cold. :D)

EDIT: I hit 1,000 posts. Supernerd status attained.

Supernerd status confirmed. Nobody believed that you had anything in common with Jack Bauer. Of course, nobody has anything in common with Jack Bauer since he does not exist, so don't take it personally.

Members don't see this ad :)
Supernerd status confirmed. Nobody believed that you had anything in common with Jack Bauer. Of course, nobody has anything in common with Jack Bauer since he does not exist, so don't take it personally.
Hey you're well on your way yourself, buddy. ;)

At least my average posts per day leaves me with a shred of dignity. I'm under 4 posts/day, unlike many of these peeps with 8-10 posts/day or even higher.

Sorry for the thread-jack. Back to dream schools...

ivy league....

realistically: I'd be thrilled with one of my two state schools.

I have 2 in close contention:
Yale -- The no grades thing really does it for me.
Cornell -- I love the location and the program.

*crosses fingers*

I went to mine; Texas Tech SOM.

Best hands-on medical school education in Texas, excellent staff and great patient load, easily affordable housing, close to my home, and very cheap!