What is your drug regimen/strategy to self treat COVID-19 while at home? lets get ideas rolling(for fun).

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sozetone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, if you come down with this thing what will you want on hand? i'll give you my stockpile.

1)medrol dosepacks (or prednisone)
2) Albuterol vials (and neb)
3) Mucinex plain DS
4) ibuprofen and APAP
5) cepacol lozenges
6)Halls lozenges w/ a little dextromethorphan
7) Doxycycline 100 mg BID (to avoid bacterial complications)

and of course...................TOILET PAPER. if i could find some.....lol

but just for fun, lets hear what you think, or would do different, add, remove....etc and why.....

Members don't see this ad.

so, if you come down with this thing what will you want on hand? i'll give you my stockpile.

1)medrol dosepacks (or prednisone)
2) Albuterol vials (and neb)
3) Mucinex plain DS
4) ibuprofen and APAP
5) cepacol lozenges
6)Halls lozenges w/ a little dextromethorphan
7) Doxycycline 100 mg BID (to avoid bacterial complications)

and of course...................TOILET PAPER. if i could find some.....lol

but just for fun, lets hear what you think, or would do different, add, remove....etc and why.....
I'd go to the hospital immediately and seek care from real doctors rather than play doctor and end up spreading it to everyone I know.

If you actually get ARDS from this you'd rather be in an ICU

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How do you plan to self-treat for this using the things you listed? You have a stockpile of these Rx drugs at home?

How do you plan to self-treat for this using the things you listed? You have a stockpile of these Rx drugs at home?
That`s what I was thinking too.

The panic is due to the fact that this virus has no real treatment. I am going to take maybe a few of ibuprofen if I feel like it, and if I have hardship of breathing or staying awake that`s 911 ER right away. There is nothing else.

I would stay at home and let my immune system do its thing until my pulse ox was trending down. Steroids and antipyretics could very well work against us for all we know.

Reactions: 2 users
By the time people like us need to hit the ICU, they probably already run out of beds/mechanical ventilators.
I think the OP is referring to a situation whereby you have to find a way to save yourself from getting worse.
I don't think I will want to take steroid for a viral infection though.

I had a moderately uncomfortable 3-4 days that fizzeled down to annoying..then to running around with no jacket...I tend to avoid meds and pretty much defaulted to one APAP 500 with a 1/2 tab of APAP/Benadryl both at night night...guzzled hot fluids as needed...listened to my deep breathing for pops..crackles etc.. and let my carcass fight it out..(i.e. try not to knock the antibodies down with APAP...ASA....prednisone??) washed hands...wiped things down..
That is all.........no booze..

hydroxychloroquine sulfate guys..... where you been. and self isolate of course. Dont spread it. I'm treating myself , i'm not picking up some funky disease from a germ ridden hospital .

yes.... and i added hydroxychloroquine to that list recently.....1 po qd X 5 days. check into it.

I'd go to the hospital immediately and seek care from real doctors rather than play doctor and end up spreading it to everyone I know.

I'm only going there if i cannot breathe well and am scared of extreme pneumonia.

I'm surprised so many people are mentioning ibuprofen. I was under the impression that NSAIDS was something people were cautioned not to take if they had coronavirus.

May be related to NERD (nsaid/aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease). I've only seen one case of it so I'm not exactly an expert of the how or why of it.

I heard something about how NSAIDs, APAP and steroids can potentially worsen the course of the disease so screw that.

My regimen: lots and lots of Delsym. Not for cough, but for robo-tripping, because quarantine is ****ing boring.

DO NOT GO TO THE HOSPITAL - call your health department - we are overrun with tons of false negatives (possibly, we can't tell for sure) but minor cases can't come in and plug up the system

Reactions: 1 users
I heard something about how NSAIDs, APAP and steroids can potentially worsen the course of the disease so screw that.

My regimen: lots and lots of Delsym. Not for cough, but for robo-tripping, because quarantine is ****ing boring.

jeez man, makes me nauseous , at least do the "Lean".....lol

DO NOT GO TO THE HOSPITAL - call your health department - we are overrun with tons of false negatives (possibly, we can't tell for sure) but minor cases can't come in and plug up the system

Yeah def only go if you cannot breathe.....