What is your most unique extra-curricular activity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Destiny11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your most unique extra-curricular activity?

Members don't see this ad.

sorry double posted!.....hmm how do i delete double post?

I was a semi-professional dog walker for a summer lol...

Also I am a dancer and actually took up training in ballet the past year and a half (also have training in some modern and also hip hop with my hip hop dance group). This has taken up alot of my time...some weeks I'd be taking 4-6 dance classes at my dance studio (college doesn't offer dance). BUT I love it so I wouldn't have it any other way....even if Im not going to join Alvin Ailey anytime soon...

Members don't see this ad :)
i was a cia agent for a few years. one of the youngest agents in its history

Originally walked-on to D-1 college football team. At my first football team meeting, I looked across the field at the cheerleaders practicing. I decided I wanted to enjoy my college experience, so I quit after the first meeting and joined the cheerleading squad. I mean, hey, can you blame me? My teammates on the cheering squad were better looking.:smuggrin:

i play the piano believe it or not.

Photography (nikon D90 w00t!)

counter-strike :)

I was the 3rd co-chair for the underwater basket weaving club.

I was the 3rd co-chair for the underwater basket weaving club.

what a coincidence! I was 2nd co-chair and I am glad you mentioned this because I didn't want to seem like I was bragging or anything

Guys, don't answer to posts like this, this is where the people who didn't really do their extracurriculars extract the information to bull**** at interviews.

lol I hope you are right sfoksn, there is going to be funny stuff said at interviews.....

Guys, don't answer to posts like this, this is where the people who didn't really do their extracurriculars extract the information to bull**** at interviews.

Actually, there is no reason not to answer. It can look pretty bad for instance, when a professor is a huge cyclo-cross fan and loves road bikes and gets a student who claims to like the same... but knows little about the specifics of the sport. As a general rule, don't bring it up unless you can back it up. Even if you are being honest and expressing interest in an EC activity, make sure you have more than cursory knowledge of it. Otherwise, it will reflect badly on you and poor impressions can kill interviews. You will never really know what kind of follow up questions are coming your way, especially with student interviewers.