What is your Myers-Briggs Personality type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is your MB personality type?

• ISTJ

Votes: 200 16.1%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 122 9.8%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 46 3.7%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 36 2.9%
  • ISTP

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • ESTP

Votes: 49 3.9%
  • ESFP

Votes: 32 2.6%
  • ISFP

Votes: 14 1.1%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 78 6.3%
  • INTJ

Votes: 211 16.9%
  • ENTP

Votes: 70 5.6%
  • INTP

Votes: 77 6.2%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 51 4.1%
  • INFJ

Votes: 85 6.8%
  • ENFP

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • INFP

Votes: 63 5.1%

• Total voters
Jung Test Results

Extroverted (E) 75.86% Introverted (I) 24.14%
Sensing (S) 57.89% Intuitive (N) 42.11%
Thinking (T) 51.35% Feeling (F) 48.65%
Judging (J) 52.78% Perceiving (P) 47.22%

Your type is: [SIZE=+3]ESTJ

[/SIZE]
ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

Very responsible...? I like

Members don't see this ad.

Just a reminder: There are multiple Meyers-Briggs personality tests out there. And some of them might phrase a question in such a way that causes you to answer differently than you would on another test that was asking the same idea. You can even take the same test multiple times throughout a week and score differently depending on your mood.

Members don't see this ad :)
ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

That's great because I will be administering a lot of medicine as a doctor.

Introverted (I) 78.13% Extroverted (E) 21.88%
Sensing (S) 56.67% Intuitive (N) 43.33%
Feeling (F) 52.94% Thinking (T) 47.06%
Judging (J) 67.57% Perceiving (P) 32.43%

Your type is: ISFJ

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population.

I took the test a while ago and got ENFJ.

I remember I was only slightly extroverted, but the rest were moderately expressed.

ENFJ - The Giver
Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.

This link got it dead on.

Didn't mean to resurrect this thread, but I thought it would be interesting to note that only 4% of premeds are ISFJ, which "are characterized above all by their desire to serve others." I am ENTJ, fyi :D:

The Executive
As an ENTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.
ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people.

I think the distribution is pretty interesting, but it seems more or less accurate....it's interesting to look at the range of personalities

Extroverted (E) 55.88% Introverted (I) 44.12%
Sensing (S) 54.55% Intuitive (N) 45.45%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Judging (J) 58.06% Perceiving (P) 41.94%

Your type is:ESTJ

[SIZE=+3][/SIZE]

Your type is: ENTJ.

Extroverted (E) 61.29% Introverted (I) 38.71%
Intuitive (N) 54.05% Sensing (S) 45.95%
Thinking (T) 55.26% Feeling (F) 44.74%
Judging (J) 57.14% Perceiving (P) 42.86%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

Wahoo! : )

INTP, the nerds ahahaha.
The jack of all trades nerds.

Not destined for medicine because we're apparently not a people person...

Long time without posting anything:
I'm a:
ESFJ
Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've gotten different results on them, but usually I'm either INTP or ISTP.

Didn't mean to resurrect this thread, but I thought it would be interesting to note that only 4% of premeds are ISFJ, which "are characterized above all by their desire to serve others." I am ENTJ, fyi :D:

That's cause most of the people, despite what we preach, are not primarily drawn to it by our desire to help others. Let's be real here, being a doctor is not exactly the most effective way to help the masses. However, it probably is one of the best paying ways to help society. Imagine that.

Jung Test Results

Introverted (I) 64.52% Extroverted (E) 35.48%
Intuitive (N) 59.52% Sensing (S) 40.48%
Thinking (T) 61.54% Feeling (F) 38.46%
Judging (J) 62.16% Perceiving (P) 37.84%

Your type is: [SIZE=+3]INTJ[/SIZE]

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

wonder if there's a personality correlation with MCAT or GPA? Also reading this forum the abundance of judging makes sense...

Apparently I'm an INFP.

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

Why is INTJ so popular here?

INTJs are known for strong strategic planning, so they probably use SDN more heavily than other types.

Plus, I think INTJs just use internet forums a lot in general. Google INTJ forum :laugh:

I find it amusing that INTJ, the least common M-B personality type (along with a couple of others), is the single most common type in this poll at this moment. Can anyone say "self-selection"?

I see I'm not the first to notice this.

I find it amusing that INTJ, the least common M-B personality type (along with a couple of others), is the single most common type in this poll at this moment. Can anyone say "self-selection"?

I see I'm not the first to notice this.

ISTJ is equally as popular - so who knows?

I'm an ESTJ, personally. :D

Introverted (I) 59.38% Extroverted (E) 40.63%
Intuitive (N) 65.71% Sensing (S) 34.29%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Perceiving (P) 71.43% Judging (J) 28.57%

My type is: INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

Also, because I was 50% Feeling: INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.​

Introverted (I) 55.26% Extroverted (E) 44.74%
Intuitive (N) 51.43% Sensing (S) 48.57%
Thinking (T) 56.25% Feeling (F) 43.75%
Judging (J) 62.5% Perceiving (P) 37.5%

"Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

Introverted (I) 79.31% Extroverted (E) 20.69%
Sensing (S) 63.89% Intuitive (N) 36.11%
Thinking (T) 67.65% Feeling (F) 32.35%
Judging (J) 72.73% Perceiving (P) 27.27%

Your type is: [SIZE=+3]ISTJ[/SIZE]

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

INTJ.

I'm INTJ through and through. It fits me perfectly. I mean, truthfully, if I were able to describe myself in a couple paragraphs, I probably couldn't have done better than what they said. Well, they could have included a bit about my OCPD, but besides that, perfect. Eerie...;)

Also, there is so much INTJ because INTJ=Pre-med Personality. I mean, we did ask this in a pre-med forum.:laugh:

okie....im also INTJ
so what would be my best speciality for me
can someone share me the link

ESTJ.

Under careers that are not favorable for me is the career my fiancée is going into. Hmmm.

Another ISTJ... pretty accurate I'd say except for this part: "The ISTJ is not naturally in tune with their own feelings and the feelings of others."

Introverted (I) 65.52% Extroverted (E) 34.48%
Sensing (S) 57.89% Intuitive (N) 42.11%
Thinking (T) 57.58% Feeling (F) 42.42%
Judging (J) 65.63% Perceiving (P) 34.38%

Where are all the ISTPs? I think I got trained...

ISTP - "Engineer". Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools. 5.4% of total population.

Introverted (I) 70% Extroverted (E) 30%
Sensing (S) 67.65% Intuitive (N) 32.35%
Thinking (T) 77.78% Feeling (F) 22.22%
Perceiving (P) 53.33% Judging (J) 46.67%

I got ISTP as well, but I was pretty close to the border on some of them.

Introverted (I) 63.89% Extroverted (E) 36.11%
Sensing (S) 51.43% Intuitive (N) 48.57%
Thinking (T) 54.05% Feeling (F) 45.95%
Perceiving (P) 56.76% Judging (J) 43.24%

INTJ is master race

ENTJ is nice as well, but still inferior

ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

I wins.

Introverted (I) 63.89% Extroverted (E) 36.11%
Sensing (S) 60.71% Intuitive (N) 39.29%
Thinking (T) 58.33% Feeling (F) 41.67%
Perceiving (P) 57.14% Judging (J) 42.86%

Your type is: ISTP

ISTP - "Engineer". Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools. 5.4% of total population.

that was fun!

INFJ

Perfect for psych, so it seems :D

haha I know some descriptions say we are practically psychics already...lol. I consistently test this and I would die as a psychologist or psychiatrist.

MBTI is just a glorified horoscope. Astrology with a scientific veneer.

INFP here.

Second time I've taken this, the first time was a much longer/formal/in-person one. Still INFP.

Me and Fred Savage.

I'm ESFJ:)

"Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute."