What is your opinion on Math Immersion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Does Math Immersion sound fun to you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spirit of the Student Doc

Worrying will never change the outcome
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's actually called that. but I'm stuck in this odd Pre-Calc course that has no textbook, one workbook w/out answers, twice a week homework, and a lecture that is odd......

The teacher answers questions.......

All Pre-Calc courses are now using this on campus (1st semester they're doing this) and I've never been this lost (confused about what's going on, I think I can do the hw at the moment at least) in a course before.....

I have 105/110 points at the moment but I need to learn Module 1 and answer 18 multiple choice/2 short answers on a test next week.

So what is Module 1!!!

I think I'll figure this out but I'm not sure what the point of this is. Math isn't Rosetta Stone.

The teachers current study tips: Pay attention (the homework isn't relating to class at the moment so I can't agree w/ this either).

Everyone is just sooooo confused.

Members don't see this ad.

Why bring this problem here? Talk to you professor during office hours and go to math tutoring for clarification.

The answer is that anything to do with math must be banished back to the void from whence it came.

Why bring this problem here? Talk to you professor during office hours and go to math tutoring for clarification.

I said I'd figure it out.

All I want to talk about is Math Immersion and see if there is anyone that defends it. The average student in class has C or less at the moment........... we haven't even taken test 1.

I said I'd figure it out.

All I want to talk about is Math Immersion and see if there is anyone that defends it. The average student in class has C or less at the moment........... we haven't even taken test 1.
Sounds dumb. Math is usually challenging and most students need some structure. Can't endorse at this time.

Reactions: 1 user