What is your realistic goal on the 14th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So based on how you are doing and what you are aiming for...what you you hope to attain, relaistically?

Members don't see this ad.

Is this a prediction thread or a goal thread? We need and "Official Score Predictions For August 2004 MCAT" thread so people can jinx themselves like they did in April. :D My goal is to not miss a single question. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
willthatsall said:
Is this a prediction thread or a goal thread? We need and "Official Score Predictions For August 2004 MCAT" thread so people can jinx themselves like they did in April. :D My goal is to not miss a single question. :laugh:

didn't you take the mcat and get a 36 all ready? why are you taking it again?

blz said:
didn't you take the mcat and get a 36 all ready? why are you taking it again?

No, not me. Unless it was in one of those SAT vs. MCAT threads because then I like to say I made a 900 SAT and a mid 30's MCAT, but in reality I haven't taken it.

Pinkertinkle said:
I think he's kidding.

kidding about which part? taking it august or getting the 36? im lost :eek:

::EDIT: NEVERMIND I READ THE ABOVE POST::

hey scubadoc, that sounds great!

i think i'm doing ok...just trying to get thru the next week without thinking about it too much...yea , right ;)

My goal is to attain Nirvana during the test. Everything else will follow. :)

Psycho Doctor said:
hey scubadoc, that sounds great!

i think i'm doing ok...just trying to get thru the next week without thinking about it too much...yea , right ;)

psycho-yes me too...i'm pretty nervous about it...i am hoping i can keep it together to get that 30 or higher (*cough* yeah right!)...

lots of luck to you on 8/14!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
well that's better than what someone else predicted for me...and i never got that low even on my first practice but it was close enough :(

and i don't want to predict my own

i'm trying to block nervous ness out of my mind b/c tha tcould be the real downfall.

i am really confident that you will do well :)

Scubadoc said:
awww i can't believe someone would predict you'd do worse than that! ignore the naysayers, you'll do great! (we just have to develop our confidence!)

Pinker wasn't predicting Psycho's scores, she was posting an example of how to anti-jinx oneself.

I'd be psyched with a 31, and elated with anything higher than that...Happy with a 30...Below 30 probably not that thrilled...

I've gotten a 31,30,31 on aamc 4-6...taking 7 tommorrow..hoping the results of that will put me a little at ease :)

For Queens University (and most other ontario med schools):
The Cutoffs
The academic cut-offs for entrance in September 2004 are:

GPA - 3.62**

MCAT

Both Sciences - 9
Writing Sample - N
Verbal Reasoning - 9
Sum - 32

My goal is 32+. =P

Queen's has a high standard for the MCAT as far as Canadian schools go (it's the highest I believe...)..
At frist my goal was a 27 (I was assuming verbal was going to prevent me from a 30) - 30... I got 30 on 5R (I'm taking 6R on sat, and possibly 7 on monday...) so My goal has risen to 33-35. But in all honestly, I would be very happy with a 9,9,9... but it is always best to aim high!
One things for sure.. i will get between 3 and 45 :p :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hoping for somwhere around 30. Realistically, I will probably get 10,7-8,8-9.

bella_dottoressa said:
I'd be psyched with a 31, and elated with anything higher than that...Happy with a 30...Below 30 probably not that thrilled...

That's exactly it for me. I'd be ecstatic.

I predict 31, since it is what I usually score. I would still be satisfied with a 30 though, anything below that will piss me off, becuase I have studied ALOT for this test.