What is your school made of?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Toran, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Toran

Toran Senior Member

I believe that a medical school's students should comprise a diversity, as much as possible, in gender, and ethnic and sociological background representing the diversity that each student will meet in practice. If all the patients the medical students see in medical schools are green neutered men, than there will be little practical knowledge transferred from school to the treatment facility.
    Also, if research had not begun to change from a research group of WASP men, than would still have little understanding of different ethnic backgrounds or women's physiology.
    What do you think?
    What is your school's mix?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Brennan

Brennan Senior Member

How should the mix go....according to percentage of the differences in the country and or state....percentages based on types of applicants....? what i dont understand

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    The initial poster of this was back in March 8, 2001.... revived from the depths of SDN!!! :D

5. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member

I don't know what the ethnic mix of the student body is or will be until this fall. I have no problem with admissions being open to all people, but I have a lot of problem with preferences and quotas if that is what you are talking about.