What Is Your Top Selfish Reason for Not Going to Professional School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What Is Your Top Selfish Reason for Not Going to Professional School?

• Time Away from Family

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Bureaucracy

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Patient Hassles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coworker Hassles

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Paperwork

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Work Hours

• Salary

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neglecting Own Health

• Constant Stress

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Multiple Reasons

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
And since I'm back to work tomorrow, here's the November poll, one day early. As requested, our poll this month is about what our reasons for not wanting to go to professional school are. I'm going to have to vote for "multiple reasons." Thinking about the sacrifices I've made, I'd include not eating or sleeping regularly, as well as going to work even when I'm sick. (Unless I have a fever or am vomiting, I go to work.) Time spent away from family. Stress of caring for people who are truly sick when I have no clue what I'm doing half the time. Irritable patients. Obnoxious family members. Snappy nurses. Cranky consultants who don't want to see patients and give me push-back when I call them. Working too many hours. Dealing with bureaucracy. Paperwork that must have killed a forest of trees. I could go on, but I'm already feeling sorry enough for myself as it is. :hungover:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
And since I'm back to work tomorrow, here's the November poll, one day early. As requested, our poll this month is about what our reasons for not wanting to go to professional school are. I'm going to have to vote for "multiple reasons." Thinking about the sacrifices I've made, I'd include not eating or sleeping regularly, as well as going to work even when I'm sick. (Unless I have a fever or am vomiting, I go to work.) Time spent away from family. Stress of caring for people who are truly sick when I have no clue what I'm doing half the time. Irritable patients. Obnoxious family members. Snappy nurses. Cranky consultants who don't want to see patients and give me push-back when I call them. Working too many hours. Dealing with bureaucracy. Paperwork that must have killed a forest of trees. I could go on, but I'm already feeling sorry enough for myself as it is. :hungover:

Nice.

Have a good good month. Break a leg ... or ... something.

For me. Hands down. The fact that the mental landscape shrunk to impossibly narrow proportions.

If there is a little mental variation at the beginning of it. It shrivels as we get pounded down and minted into coins of sameness. Differing only in the date of the press.

It's an war crimes tribunal against your sense of humor. And it has a idiot public defender.

I selected "other." The biggest factor keeping me away was the potential student loan debt.

Seeing as how I am a Lab technologist now, I like people and I am very good at bed-side manners, but I rather not get caught up with others. Unfortunately, I know I will have a team and therefore co-workers and their effin drama are not welcome in my book.