What is?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nrut88

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the average science and overall GPA for students accepted into MD schools? And also what would the average MCAT be? Does anybody know anything about good pre-med universities in Texas with good percentages of people getting accepted to med-schools? What are the best? (Texas, Baylor, Rice, TexasA&M) ???

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

nrut88 said:
What is the average science and overall GPA for students accepted into MD schools? And also what would the average MCAT be? Does anybody know anything about good pre-med universities in Texas with good percentages of people getting accepted to med-schools? What are the best? (Texas, Baylor, Rice, TexasA&M) ???

Thanks

You can check out Princetonreview.com
They have stats on many schools....although it might not be up to date...
Also, some school websites post their stats.....

Members don't see this ad :)
BrettBatchelor makes fun of me for this advice - but I think it is the best advice for questions like this. Buy a book called the MSAR from AAMC or Amazon.com. It will answer all of your questions about average MCATs for each school as well as GPAs. It also has all kinds of other information for you, and is quite a bargain at only $25. Good luck.

BrettBatchelor said:
Buy the MSAR from aamc.org or amazon.com

You beat me to it this time!