What it is the last MCAT date accepted for 2015 app cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellab17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Sept 18, 2014, Mcat test date is the last date schools are accepting for the 2015 app cycle? Because, I am applying this cycle and the AAMC added some more tests date in Oct 2014, I was wondering if I did happen to take it in October, would schools still count it for this 2015 app cycle?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

The last MCAT date varies by school. It should be posted on the specific schools website. I know for a few of the schools I applied to (M.D.) the last date for this cycle is 18-Sep-2014. All the DO schools seem to accept Oct/Nov test dates.

The last MCAT date varies by school. It should be posted on the specific schools website. I know for a few of the schools I applied to (M.D.) the last date for this cycle is 18-Sep-2014. All the DO schools seem to accept Oct/Nov test dates.

Okay thanks! I have just start taking aamc tests, but I want to see how much time I have in case I wanted to push it back to October. In the event that I need more time, do you think I should just wait and take it in Oct and risk not being able to apply to some MD schools (but I guess I will get to apply to some MD that do accept the Oct mcat and all DO...Right??)

Thanks

Honestly, Oct is too late for virtually all MD schools. It'll take six wks to get your app verified. And, by the time they get it, there will probably be no seats left to fill (given rolling admissions). If you're set on MD, I'd say apply in June when apps open (I applied in Aug and the schools I applied to are already offering people interviews). Granted, I'm expecting a mid/high 20 on the MCAT and really am aiming for DO.

For DO, applying in Oct is a tad late, but you should be fine (granted, depends on your MCAT score... the higher the better).

Okay thanks! I have just start taking aamc tests, but I want to see how much time I have in case I wanted to push it back to October. In the event that I need more time, do you think I should just wait and take it in Oct and risk not being able to apply to some MD schools (but I guess I will get to apply to some MD that do accept the Oct mcat and all DO...Right??)

Thanks

Yeah, for the MD schools I had already submitted my application in July, but my last transcript didn't come in until last week so it is still being verified now, but hopefully it will be verified by mid-Sept the latest. So when I get my scores back in October, it should be verified by then and the app should be complete.

As far as really aiming for DO, I agree.....so that's why I may not mind waiting until Oct to take the test..idk though depends on my aamc tests.