What Jung-Myers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is your Jung-Myers-Briggs Personality Type?

• ENFP

Votes: 33 6.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 25 4.6%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 52 9.5%
  • INFJ

Votes: 65 11.9%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 19 3.5%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 55 10.0%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 21 3.8%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 21 3.8%
  • ENTP

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • INTP

Votes: 41 7.5%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 53 9.7%
  • INTJ

Votes: 113 20.6%
  • ESTP

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • ISTP

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • ESFP

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • ISFP

Votes: 9 1.6%

• Total voters
INTJ. I thought I would eventually see a corny joke along the lines of, "I'm MSTP." Since it was never made, there ya' go. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

copying from Chap 4 of "Choosing a Medical Specialty"

INFJ
Psych
IM
Thoracic Surg
Gen Surg
Path

INTJ
Psych
Pathy
Neurology
IM
Anesthesiology

INTJ, wow we seem to be in the lead sofar.

I majored in neuroscience...I guess my fate is sealed in neurology. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
AMitchell said:
copying from Chap 4 of "Choosing a Medical Specialty"

INTJ
Psych
Pathy
Neurology
IM
Anesthesiology

Damnit that's what I was afraid of! Double major in psych/neuro, anyone? I don't want to treat old people with dementia, but it looks like it's my destiny..there's no escaping it :laugh:

ISTJ. Barely T though. I read my profile type and some of it is right on target, but other parts are way off for me. As for the specialty matching, that definitely is way off. I don't have the slightest interest in derm, ortho, uro AND FP.

look at all those INTJs...who would have thought a bunch of internet-junkie pre-meds would be introverted? :rolleyes:

I didnt see emergency medicine under any of the personality types that you guys posted. Whats the deal? Was the book written before the EM specialty or something.

tacrum43 said:
You left out some. Where's INFJ? How can I decide my life's course without this information? :scared:

Eh, it's probably psych anyway. That's what I always seem to get.

ooh you're right, I mis-labelled one and left out two.

Medical Specialties by Temperament

ISTJ
Dermatology
Ob-gyn
Family practice
Urology
Orthopedic surgery

ISFJ
Anesthesiology
Opthamology
General Practie
Family Practice
Pediatrics

ISTP
Otolaryngology
Anesthesiology
Radiology
Opthamology
GP

ISFP
Anesthesiology
Urology
Family Pratice
Thoracic Surgery
GP

INFJ
Psych
Internal Med
Thoracic surgery
G. surgery
Pathology

ESTJ
OB-gyn
GP
G surgery
Orthopedic surgery
Pediatrics

ESFJ
Pediatrics
Orthopedic surgery
Otolaryngology
GP
Internal med

ENFP
Psychiatry
Dermatology
Otolaryngology
Psychiatry
Pediatrics

INTJ
Psychiatry
Pathology
Neurology
Internal med
Anesthesiology

INFP
Psychiatry
Cardiology
Neurology
Dermatology
Pathology

INTP
Neurology
Pathology
Psychiatry
Cardiology
Thoracic surgery

ESTP
Orthopedic surgery
Dermatology
Family Practice
Radiology
G surgery

ESFP
Ophthalmology
Thoracic surgery
OB-gyn
Orthopedic surgery
G surgery

ENTP
Otolaryngology
Psychiatry
Radiology
Pediatrics
Pathology

ENFJ
Thoracic surgery
Dermatology
Psychiatry
Opthalmology
Radiology

ENTJ
Neurology
Cardiology
Urology
Thoracic surgery
Internal medicine

Chinorean said:
ooh you're right, I mis-labelled one and left out two.

Medical Specialties by Temperament...

INFJ
Psych
Internal Med
Thoracic surgery
G. surgery
Pathology

Thank for the info. :)

I knew it would be psych. :p

Chinorean said:

ENTJ
Neurology
Cardiology
Urology
Thoracic surgery
Internal medicine

who knew...my interests actually match my damaged psyche...i mean personality traits

Members don't see this ad :)
INFJ - about how I would describe myself...

MN81 said:
I think the test sometimes incorrectly labels hard working problem solvers as 'introverted.'

I think a lot are introverted when it comes to their studies, but are completely different elsewhere...

Thoughts?
I was thinking the same thing, though I am actually introverted so what do I know?

And I am INTJ but only 1% T, and I was F last time I took one of these

OctoDoc said:
I am an INTJ, but I shudder at the thought of being in a room full of....me.

Yeah, same here. Most of my friends I find are extroverted. I don't like hanging around people the same as me.

Chinorean said:

ESFP
Ophthalmology
Thoracic surgery
OB-gyn
Orthopedic surgery
G surgery

ENFJ
Thoracic surgery
Dermatology
Psychiatry
Opthalmology
Radiology

well then, since i took it twice and got enfj and then esfp, it looks like throracic surg or optho is in my future! :D

Chinorean said:

ISTJ
Dermatology
Ob-gyn
Family practice
Urology
Orthopedic surgery

ISFJ
Anesthesiology
Opthamology
General Practie
Family Practice
Pediatrics

ISTP
Otolaryngology
Anesthesiology
Radiology
Opthamology
GP

ISFP
Psych
Internal Med
Thoracic surgery
G. surgery
Pathology

ESTJ
OB-gyn
GP
G surgery
Orthopedic surgery
Pediatrics

ESFJ
Pediatrics
Orthopedic surgery
Otolaryngology
GP
Internal med

ENFP
Psychiatry
Dermatology
Otolaryngology
Psychiatry
Pediatrics

INFP
Psychiatry
Cardiology
Neurology
Dermatology
Pathology

INTP
Neurology
Pathology
Psychiatry
Cardiology
Thoracic surgery

ESTP
Orthopedic surgery
Dermatology
Family Practice
Radiology
G surgery

ESFP
Ophthalmology
Thoracic surgery
OB-gyn
Orthopedic surgery
G surgery

ENTP
Otolaryngology
Psychiatry
Radiology
Pediatrics
Pathology

ENFJ
Thoracic surgery
Dermatology
Psychiatry
Opthalmology
Radiology

ENTJ
Neurology
Cardiology
Urology
Thoracic surgery
Internal medicine

ISTJ here and matched into OB/GYN already. Guess you're predictions are correct in my case. ;)

ESTP/ENTP

Looks like I will be inventing devices. Yippee!

somewhere's an ENFP...i love being around people but live in my own little dreamworld most of the time :love:

good lord i scored as an ENFJ.

I find it even more scarier, because Im an optometry student, applying to med now. Ive always had a fasicnation for derm, psychiatry (uncle) and radiology :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbup:

ENFJ
Thoracic surgery
Dermatology
Psychiatry
Opthalmology
Radiology

INTJ. Pretty spot-on I'd say.

Amazing that there are so many represented here on SDN.

/waves hello to all the other "Masterminds" out there ~

i'm ESFJ. i guess i agree with that, but it really depends on the questions that were asked. i mean, i'm actually pretty laid-back and introverted, it's just that i really enjoy spending time with people and i'm always looking to make friends, so that's why i answered the way i did...hmm guess i'm just not all that impressed by the test...

although according to the list of specialties, i'm just right for pediatrics, general practice, and internal med...and i'm actually pretty strongly considering those. :)

ESFP
Ophthalmology
Thoracic surgery
OB-gyn
Orthopedic surgery
G surgery

whoa... scary, that other med specialty test from a while back ago said orthopedic surg was good for me.... :scared:

funny thing is... on the same website at the end of the test, there lists possible jobs for each personality. i got fashion designer and interior decorator :p go figure

INTJ also... I took this about 3 years ago and was an INTJ also. I didn't remember the letter's but remember reading the exact same description. Glad to know my personality is rock solid and indefatigable!

ENFJ. This test really matches my personality to my desired specialty!
You are:
moderately expressed extrovert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Extroverted 33%, Intuitive 50%, Feeling 25%, Judging 56%

Just a curiosity question:

What personality type is suited for Proctology? (Colon and Rectal Surgery for those of you who are particularly anal)

Hari Kari said:

What personality type is suited for Proctology? (Colon and Rectal Surgery for those of you who are particularly anal)

Type A. A for...well, you know.

Hari Kari said:

:thumbup: :laugh: Ha! I love bad puns, seriously. This is one of the best things I've read all night

OctoDoc said:
I wonder what would happen if two polar opposite personality types touched each other? I'd bet that they would both disappear with a loud "POP!"

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm INTP, and my mother is ESFJ.

My dad and I are both extreme NT. She's a reality check. But we pick fights in a very predictable pattern...

Note to NTs: finding said argument(s) interesting/amusing on theoretical grounds does NOT increase the odds of argument ending and study time resuming. Especially if you admit to said amusement. :smuggrin:

I've tested before as an ENFP, but this one gave me ENFJ. I think my J and P change depending on how many science/math courses I'm taking... :p

my friends and I would talk about this test all the time in high school, it became kind of a vernacular... it's weird to take it again because I know what all the questions mean!

ENTP. Socionics is MUCH better than MBTI, though, due to its adherence to Jung's funcitons of the psyche. Check it out: www.socionics.com. Socionics is predominately a Russian thing, but it is beginning to take hold in the West.

ENFP

where are all my other ideal & feeling brethren? :D

ENFJ (78, 12, 25, 67)

We're tied for second behind those crazy INTJ's!

INFJ

Although there's a lot of overlap among specialties, I've heard that these are pretty dead on in terms of the specialty you're likely to choose.

There's a plethora of research supporting these tests with medical specialty.

lame sauce! i'm totally not interested in any of the ENFJ/P specialties listed. except maybe pediatrics.

Heimerfink said:
I'm an ENFP. What's with all you introverts? I thought you had to meet people to be in medicine (except for rad. and path.).

yeah, well the med school admissions process sure turned me into an introvert by the end

though a couple of drinks usually straighten me right back out :)

Doko said:
INFJ

Although there's a lot of overlap among specialties, I've heard that these are pretty dead on in terms of the specialty you're likely to choose.

There's a plethora of research supporting these tests with medical specialty.

I wouldn't say dead-on:

http://www.gesher.org/Myers-Briggs/MBTI Chart and specialty.html

One thing that all of these studies fail to consider is subspecialization. For example, these tests say that I (an INTJ) would want to go into pathology or neurology, because those specialties appeal to my predilection for absolutes, order, theory, and autonomy. I would supposedly not want, or be good at, pediatrics. But what about neonatology/perinatology, a sub-category of pediatrics?

Anastasis said:
INFP - and apparently decently rare within the group.

We're the "healers" - guess that bodes well for me!!

Yeah... another INFP. I'm normally over in the optometry forum, but I'm doing a little soul searching about attending medical school instead. Good thing I'm a "healer!"

ENFP my ass...

There should really be the registered personality type "never attains same personality type twice." Or perhaps "too emotionally and habitually inconsistent to answer these goddamned things comfortably" will do.

happydays said:
ENFJ. This test really matches my personality to my desired specialty!

We're THE SAME. OMG, I can't believe it. ;)

OrganLibrarian said:
We're THE SAME. OMG, I can't believe it. ;)
We were probably just separated from birth. :)

INFJ. It's amazing how accurately this describes what I'm like.

ESFJ :thumbup:

"All else being equal, ESFJs enjoy being in charge. They see problems clearly and delegate easily, work hard and play with zest. ESFJs, as do most SJs, bear strong allegiance to rights of seniority. They willingly provide service (which embodies life's meaning) and expect the same from others. "

So true.

dopaminesurge said:
ENFP my ass...

There should really be the registered personality type "never attains same personality type twice." Or perhaps "too emotionally and habitually inconsistent to answer these goddamned things comfortably" will do.

Maybe you have multiple personality disorder!

Extroverted (67%) Intuitive (12%) Thinking (1%) Judging (11%)

So apparently . . . I'm just an extrovert, and pretty much middle of the road everywhere else. Fun.