What kind of calculator do you rock?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudyShy

XOXO
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of calculator do you rock?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, Texas Instruments. They sell what amounts to the lowest functioning computers imaginable, worth about a dollar in parts, and mark up 10,000%. My high school required us to get the TI-83+, which was very much like requiring us to ignore class and play snake for 42 minutes a day.

I've had the 84+ SE since middle school, it's looking a little worse for wear these days. :rolleyes: I'm a bit curious why there hasn't been a lot of improvement in calculators in the last decade or so, I was at Best Buy over break and hardly any of the TI models look like they've changed at all.

1996.png

I've had the 84+ SE since middle school, it's looking a little worse for wear these days. :rolleyes: I'm a bit curious why there hasn't been a lot of improvement in calculators in the last decade or so, I was at Best Buy over break and hardly any of the TI models look like they've changed at all.

1996.png

I agree. I'm literally using the same calculator that I bought as a junior in HS.

inb4 move

a TI-34 mutiview, yes i <3 my scientific calc more than my TI-89

Got my TI-89 back the year they came out, and it definitely helped in Algebra I/II, Pre-Cal, and Stat. :laugh: But we aren't allowed to use them in calculus in college. :( But I've gotten used to my TI-30X IIS now. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Casio fx115ms. Can't remember when I got it. Never needed a graphing calc.

Old school TI-83. Bought in 1997 for 50 bucks. Still use it from time to time (when excel isn't handy).

Casio fx115ms. Can't remember when I got it. Never needed a graphing calc.

The only legal scientific calculator that calculated derivatives and integrals for math competitions! :D

Still have mine in a drawer.

TI-84+ Silver from highschool. And I used to have a nongraphing HP for math team which was my favorite calculator ever but it's dead now :(

Last edited:
I still have the TI-82 that was the recommended graphing calculator to purchase back in HS. But for my recent classes, I'd just use BigStack on my iPhone. RPN ftw.

Was required to buy a TI-89 Titanium for high school, used it almost every day for three years. Now I no longer feel comfortable using any other calculators. <3 TI-89s!

TI-84+
I dropped it probably 30 or 40 times in high school, and it still works :)

I retired my TI-83 last semester when I finished my last pre-req physics II. Now I just use Speed Crunch, a free linux calculator, on my computer whenever I need to do some basic math. I don't ever think I'll need to bring the TI-83 out of retirement since, I think, my complex math caclulation days are over. :D

??? I haven't been allowed to use anything past a TI-30 for any of my classes...and some of them didn't even allow any.

TI-83 Plus. Bought the 89 during high school before I realized they were not allowed. grrr

Oh, Texas Instruments. They sell what amounts to the lowest functioning computers imaginable, worth about a dollar in parts, and mark up 10,000%. My high school required us to get the TI-83+, which was very much like requiring us to ignore class and play snake for 42 minutes a day.

BlockDude was popular at my high school.

HP 33... but I'm a licensed land surveyor.

HP is what all surveyors/engineers rock because TI-83+ calculators are not allowed on our exams. For the record, I'm really looking forward to comparing the MCAT to the exams I passed for my license... Should be interesting!

BlockDude was popular at my high school.

Bomberman with a link cable during chemistry class -- everyday!

Also slap happy, a game I programmed: 4-player reaction time game with cumulative scoreboard and some sick graphics.

Those were the days...

Ti-89 Titanium, although I find myself using Maple more often.

this is awesome

how much does it cost? do you get it through the android market?

Free on the android market. I'm loving Froyo on my Captivate, but I do miss words/chess with friends. Please hurry, newtoy!

Free on the android market. I'm loving Froyo on my Captivate, but I do miss words/chess with friends. Please hurry, newtoy!

yea i wish they would make a words with friends for android phones

/hijack

TI-30X, but I have a TI-83 for when I need to get fancy.

I've been packin' a TI-89 since 2000-01 school year. :thumbup:

Unfortunately I have to use a TI-83 or 84 to teach my AP chem class. It makes me feel like I'm cheating on my 89. :p