What kind of doctor was Howard Dean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted74029

I've been trying to research exactly what kind of physician he was but haven't found anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been trying to research exactly what kind of physician he was but haven't found anything.

Really? It wasn't a particularly difficult search for me.

He graduated from Albert Einstein in 1978, did a residency in internal medicine at Vermont from 1978 to 1982, and then practiced (part time) from 1982 to 1991. He was an internist in the same practice his wife worked in. He was elected as a State Representative in 1983, and then Lieutenant Governor in 1986, 1988 and 1990.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? It wasn't a particularly difficult search for me.

He graduated from Albert Einstein in 1978, did a residency in internal medicine at Vermont from 1978 to 1982, and then practiced (part time) from 1982 to 1991. He was an internist in the same practice his wife worked in. He was elected as a State Representative in 1983, and then Lieutenant Governor in 1986, 1988 and 1990.

It's not on his Wikipedia page.

The internet grew beyond Wikipedia five or six months ago. Gotta check every nook and cranny these days!

Our younger generations' inability to journey past Wikipedia for knowledge is concerning. You wouldn't believe how many high schoolers think it's a primary source.

Our younger generations' inability to journey past Wikipedia for knowledge is concerning. You wouldn't believe how many high schoolers think it's a primary source.

although not a primary source, a preety good one.

I understand his departure. It's not good for a doctor to make his patients nauseous.

Members don't see this ad :)
although not a primary source, a preety good one.

The next time I wander across the Richard Nixon Wiki and, right under the title, I see "AAAAUUUGHHH NIXON WAS A CROOK DOUCHEBAG MOTHER****AAA," I'll make sure I reassess my opinion of Wikipedia. Per your insistence, of course, haha.

(And yes, this is a true story.)

The next time I wander across the Richard Nixon Wiki and, right under the title, I see "AAAAUUUGHHH NIXON WAS A CROOK DOUCHEBAG MOTHER****AAA," I'll make sure I reassess my opinion of Wikipedia. Per your insistence, of course, haha.

Reminds me of when I looked up Inorganic Hg one day. First line says "Inorganic Hg is pretty freakin schweeet."

haha well that doesnt mean its not true! :laugh:

Why? Wikipedia is this generation's Google (yes, Google is last gen). While it may not be a primary source per-se, what other website has that much easy-to-read useful info for people to look at? It's much like how people in the late 90s used Google to find information where old fogeys were saying "Back in the day, we looked up stuff in the library from TEXTBOOKS!"

Move with the times!

Why? Wikipedia is this generation's Google (yes, Google is last gen). While it may not be a primary source per-se, what other website has that much easy-to-read useful info for people to look at? It's much like how people in the late 90s used Google to find information where old fogeys were saying "Back in the day, we looked up stuff in the library from TEXTBOOKS!"

Move with the times!

Google is NOT last gen, I'd give that to Yahoo. Google didn't even get started till like '98 or '99.

Google is NOT last gen, I'd give that to Yahoo. Google didn't even get started till like '98 or '99.

Google really IS last gen. It's not the first thing I use when I want to search for something in Wikipedia. Besides, for maybe 75% of the subject searches on Google, the Wikipedia article is in the top 5, and for maybe 30%, the top link itself. I like to save myself the 2 seconds and just right to Wikipedia.

Example: Go Google Howard Dean and let me know what the first search result is. Try it for any person. With the exception of Barack Obama and John McCain (since the both have highly publicized websites at the moment), Wikipedia is the first search result for a person's name.

Google really IS last gen. It's not the first thing I use when I want to search for something in Wikipedia. Besides, for maybe 75% of the subject searches on Google, the Wikipedia article is in the top 5, and for maybe 30%, the top link itself. I like to save myself the 2 seconds and just right to Wikipedia.

Example: Go Google Howard Dean and let me know what the first search result is. Try it for any person. With the exception of Barack Obama and John McCain (since the both have highly publicized websites at the moment), Wikipedia is the first search result for a person's name.

Well i guess it depends on your def of last gen. If you mean the last website before wikipedia to be the main source of info then yeah. If you mean the main info website of the 90s then no.

Yeah, per your linked definition, does his presence make his patients cause nausea or disgust?

I had nausea in mind, but since you pose the question, probably both.

I had nausea in mind, but since you pose the question, probably both.

At least Dr. Dean can likely use a dictionary.

Nauseous = nauseating; something that causes disgust. To make his patients nauseous he would have to make the patients themselves offensive to others. It's roughly synonymous with "noxious."

You were thinking of the word "nauseated," as in to possess nausea. Example: covering oneself with a layer of rancid foie gras will tend to make one both nauseous and nauseated.

So let's recap that score, shall we?

piss ant = zero

At least Dr. Dean can likely use a dictionary.

Nauseous = nauseating; something that causes disgust. To make his patients nauseous he would have to make the patients themselves offensive to others. It's roughly synonymous with "noxious."

You were thinking of the word "nauseated," as in to possess nausea. Example: covering oneself with a layer of rancid foie gras will tend to make one both nauseous and nauseated.

So let's recap that score, shall we?

piss ant = zero

Sorry dude...

I won't question your intelligence. I know you're smart. But I will question your laziness and haste.

"2 : affected with nausea or disgust"

piss ant: 2
Gut Shot: -1
ejay286: who cares

Yeah, you know why it's #2? Because it's not #1!

"usage Those who insist that nauseous can properly be used only in sense 1 and that in sense 2 it is an error for nauseated are mistaken."

Ouch.

piss ant: 3
Gut Shot: -2
ejay286: lame

"usage Those who insist that nauseous can properly be used only in sense 1 and that in sense 2 it is an error for nauseated are mistaken."

Ouch.

piss ant: 3
Gut Shot: -2
ejay286: lame

Oh it can be used, I'm merely questioning why you chose the intellectually impoverished route over the ironclad correct option:

"Nauseated is used more widely than nauseous in sense 2."

Oh it can be used, I'm merely questioning why you chose the intellectually impoverished route over the ironclad correct option:

"Nauseated is used more widely than nauseous in sense 2."

Artistic license. Hell, Shakespeare invented words. The least I can do is choose less appropriate ones.

May you bring knives to all your gunfights.

Is that because my superior skills would make it unfair for me to use a weapon of equal destruction?

Fixed it. Shouldn't you be getting some volunteer experience in a massage parlor or something? :rolleyes:

Is that emoticon directed towards your own failed humor?

piss ant: 5
Gut Shot: -4
ejay286: will defend Gut Shot once he refreshes SDN

Is that emoticon directed towards your own failed humor?

Just trying to keep things lighthearted, little sore pissy pot pie pants. Who's a sore little ant? Yes he is... yes he is!

Just trying to keep things lighthearted, little sore pissy pot pie pants. Who's a sore little ant? Yes he is... yes he is!

As was I. But this comment betrays your motives. It's cool though, I still like you.

As was I. But this comment betrays your motives.

Yes... my motives... to edge closer to unconsciousness one beer at a time. I'm a complex man when I'm on SDN after midnight, full of mystery and intrigue. A rich pageant of elusive intentions woven like crushed velvet and suspended in Chinese hot mustard sauce.

piss ant said:
It's cool though, I still like you.

Sorry, I'm taken.

Yes... my motives... to edge closer to unconsciousness one beer at a time. I'm a complex man when I'm on SDN after midnight, full of mystery and intrigue. A rich pageant of elusive intentions woven like crushed velvet and suspended in Chinese hot mustard sauce.

I'm also drinking.

Sorry, I'm taken.
Best wishes. I'm sure he's a cool guy.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clZNwja8M3A[/YOUTUBE]

Perhaps someone should move this train wreck to The Lounge before it gets any worse.

That was the worst e-fight I have ever read.