What kind of financial aid is there for DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they look at just the applicant's finances or the parents also? Are there special scholarships one can apply for?

Members don't see this ad.

not sure if this is what you were getting at....but the identical principles that apply to stafford and other loans for MD schools apply here....

PD aren't you in school? I thought you were an MS1?

Members don't see this ad :)
They only look at your finances unless you are applying for a primary care loan or any other loan that needs parental information. Stafford loans do not so you will only need you're information for that. Scholarships vary from school to school. At my school most are only available after you have completed a year of class. There are also outside scholarships.

Stafford Loans make up the largest amount of loan money for most medical school students.

There are also dozen of private loan companies willing to dump whatever money you want/need.

Make sure you sit down with someone in the financial aid department before going into all of this and getting over your head with loans.

Stafford Loans make up the largest amount of loan money for most medical school students.

There are also dozen of private loan companies willing to dump whatever money you want/need.

Make sure you sit down with someone in the financial aid department before going into all of this and getting over your head with loans.

ok, i'm totally naive or downright stupid about this since i've never applied for a loan. what exactly is a stafford loan?