1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

what kind of job can you get as a senior medical student?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by jameshsu, Jun 5, 2001.

1. jameshsu

jameshsu New Member

does any body know any good part time job for senior medical students not very busy with their rotations?
    p.s. doesn't have to look good on CV, just pay well :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Annette

Annette gainfully employed
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    McDonald's? :p

4. ckent

ckent Membership Revoked
    Removed

I've always wanted to be a waiter. Can't seem to find a job over the summertime though as there are a lot of partime workers over the summertime. If you work in a busy place, you can make over 100 per night. And you can do something else during the daytime too.

5. SimulD

SimulD Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I tutor SAT/ACT to little high school bastards. No, actually, they are great kids and I enjoy the work. There isn't much to tutoring those tests, because most of these kids just have poor test-taking skills (don't know process of elimination well, don't know guessing strategies), and you just basically baby sit them through a bunch of passages and get em primed for the real thing.

I went through SCORE! Prep, it's a branch of Kaplan, but it is one on one tutoring... payed 15-20/hr ...

Or, since you've made it through med school, you could probably tutor MCATs and make decent money, but then you have to deal with that awful breed - the pre-med...

Have fun
    Simul

6. jameshsu

jameshsu New Member

annette: hum... why am not laughing? either i am not getting your pathetic brittish sense of humor or i am just feeling sorry for all those poor english medical students working for american fast food restaurant flipping burgers!?!?!? :confused:

CK and SIMUL: thanks for the replies! you guys are not from england are you? didn't think so either :D

7. Annette

Annette gainfully employed
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Least I have a sense of humor! :D