What kind of job should i get ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MasseyMike

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated in May with a Biomedical Science Degree and applied to Dental schools in July.

Still haven't got any interviews yet. I think i should get a Job but i dont know what jobs i can get with my degree.

Members don't see this ad.

look into Lab Technologist.

Honestly, if you're pretty sure you'll get in this cycle, you can get a job doing anything. I have a bunch of friends doing med who are doing random things like working in a brewery, coaching youth football, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should get a job in Research Studies and do more volunteer services in dental field in case you need to reapply next cycle...I am sorry you didn't get any interviews, I know how you feel...

look into Lab Technologist.
How to get a job as a lab technician with no previous lab experience:

Send mass emails to research faculty asking for a research position as a volunteer. Get lucky. Work on a project for free for months and gain experience. Now you're worth something. Ifyour principal investigator (PI) has enough funding and if your PI both has a large enough lab that requires a lab technician and has a vacant lab technician position, apply for the job. Wait a month or two for the job application to process and then you might get the job. That is, if there is no other applicant who is more experienced than you applying for the same job and if your PI likes you enough.

Time spent getting the job = over 6 months.

How to get a job as a lab technician with no previous lab experience:

Send mass emails to research faculty asking for a research position as a volunteer. Get lucky. Work on a project for free for months and gain experience. Now you're worth something. Ifyour principal investigator (PI) has enough funding and if your PI both has a large enough lab that requires a lab technician and has a vacant lab technician position, apply for the job. Wait a month or two for the job application to process and then you might get the job. That is, if there is no other applicant who is more experienced than you applying for the same job and if your PI likes you enough.

Time spent getting the job = over 6 months.
In my lab a lab Technitian only needs do graduate high school. They have an entry level Technologist position that is for college grads with the specific biology and/or chemistry classes.