What kind of life does a pod student have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angelica259

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know what are your days like as a podiatry student? Do you go to lectures or do you skip lectures? What's your studying schedule like? What kind of social life do you have or may not have?

Members don't see this ad.

angelica259 said:
I want to know what are your days like as a podiatry student? Do you go to lectures or do you skip lectures? What's your studying schedule like? What kind of social life do you have or may not have?

There are a few classes that I would be out of my mind to miss, while there are others where everything is in the notes and there is no point in going. It is really up to you to figure out which ones are helpful for you and which aren't.

My roommate is a first year med student and I spend more time studying than she does.

I need to spend about 3x as much time studying than I did in undergrad just to PASS all my classes. I spend about 2 hrs/week watching TV (Grey's Anatomy and House MD are must-see for me) I go out about twice a month. And I am involved in 3 student organizations (in one of which I hold a position.) Apart from that the rest of my time is spent in the library.

JustMyLuck said:
There are a few classes that I would be out of my mind to miss, while there are others where everything is in the notes and there is no point in going. It is really up to you to figure out which ones are helpful for you and which aren't.

My roommate is a first year med student and I spend more time studying than she does.

I need to spend about 3x as much time studying than I did in undergrad just to PASS all my classes. I spend about 2 hrs/week watching TV (Grey's Anatomy and House MD are must-see for me) I go out about twice a month. And I am involved in 3 student organizations (in one of which I hold a position.) Apart from that the rest of my time is spent in the library.

Thank you for replying! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone is a bit different...some people pick up by reading notes, texts, etc. Some by attending classes.

Me...well, I was famous for snoring in many classes...got pretty good at not snoring by the end (the guys sitting next to me didn't even know I was asleep).

Something about a lecturer going 1/2 speed from what he should be covering the material.

Of course..something about a lecturer with a heavy accent put me out every time!

Nothing like home schooling for the price of a medical education....

Kind of wish that the profs had more time in between their mulitple other jobs....

Plus I sometimes go to bed before some of the classes get out....

The funny thing is that I always seem to have enough time to look at the other podiatry schools and long to leave the one that I'm at....

I study from 8 to 4, and then I'm done with school. I go home and watch TV, play X-Box and kiss my wife.