What kind of monitor do you use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vantheman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new monitor for my Macbook pro retina (2014). I am thinking that a 27 inch screen will do. I am thinking about buying a 4K monitor, but I am not sure if this is really necessary.

What kind of monitors do you all use? Anyone use 4K? Dual monitors?

Members don't see this ad.

Kitchen: LFT
Living room: TFT
Workout space: PFT, EKG.

Reactions: 1 user
Not much runs at 4k at the moment. You will also need the PC to back it as 4k is graphics intensive. So unless you are a hardcore gamer, this would be a waste. I use an ultrawide monitor but they are expensive (around $900 for a nice one). They are far more impressive than dual monitors though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Levity aside, I have a 60" 4K and I just chromecast everything onto that, its great for watching lectures.

I use a Dell U2414H that I picked up last year to complement my laptop. It's got great color reproduction, a multitude of inputs, automatic rotation when you turn the screen, and an extremely flexible stand that allows for that 90 degree rotation.

I hear that there's a newer model that's nicer and has a higher resolution.

Sent from my SM-G925V using SDN mobile

I use my 42" plasma screen tv in my living room with a wireless mouse and keyboard

swwwwweeeeet for reviewing histology