Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

what kind of organic chem questions will i see on the pcat?

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by lepamplemousse, May 28, 2008.

1. lepamplemousse

5+ Year Member

So far I got nomenclature, functional groups, SN1, SN2, E1, E2 reactions down. What else do I have to know? How specific are the organic chem questions? I don't want to study more than I have to. Thanks!

2. stkyrice

stkyrice mmm....bacon.
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    There were some questions on acyl chlorides, carboxylic acid derivatives and lactones when I took it. I only got those right because I had finished O Chem II the Wednesday before the PCAT and it was all fresh in my head.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Brandie28

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    It's been a while since I have had O Chem...can you elaborate on the questions on acyl chlorides, carboxylic acid derivatives, and lactones? Thank you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stkyrice

stkyrice mmm....bacon.
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Unfortunately, I can't because of the rules governing disclosure of PCAT questions. Just suffice it to say that you should know what happens when you use them as reagents, and how you make them and you should be able to identify them if you see them. They won't ask anything too difficult regarding them.

5. RxWildcat

RxWildcat Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I feel like it was mostly nomenclature when I took it, but thats been awhile.