What kind of physician do you NOT want to be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maxwell Edison

Majoring In Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will never be a proctologist. How about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
one that doesn't ever see his wife and children.

Television doctor...although the pay would be nice :rolleyes:

One that works for money.

Excellent, You're hired! As soon as I open my practice, I'll compensate you with sunshine and puppies. Actual amount TBD.

Any way we can sticky this so that in 10 years all these posters can come back here and realize most of them have become everything they swore they wouldn't?

:smuggrin:

I don't want to go into bariatrics or emergency medicine.

There is nothing wrong with working for money. It's only a problem if you cheat your patients, i.e. by performing unecessary proceedures to make a profit.

The kind of doctor I don't want to be is the intellectually complacent type who blindly accepts whatever he's told in medical school and overmedicates his patients.

Members don't see this ad :)
GI or Neurosurgery. I doubt I could stand the crap or the hours.

Also urology. A little disturbing in my opinion.

Radiologist. i prefer to see and talk to patients in the flesh, not as imaged by a $100,000 machine.

A douche bag.

I want to be a sperm bucket.

I would never be a Gynecological oncologist...having worked in a path lab, I saw what they have to take out sometimes... Although I've heard from many doctors that they are some of the most skillled surgeons you'll find.

probably a urologist... I can't stand the kidney...

probably a urologist... I can't stand the kidney...

i don't get it

personally, i don't think i could handle peds. i need to at least have the illusion that my patients will comply with my recommendations.

OBGYN or pediatrician (I hate kids)

no peds, geriatrics... or anything in between for me :idea:

i would never be able to go into OB/GYN. I'm already dreading the time there 3rd year. I can handle just about anything but childbirth. I've delivered babies on EMS jobs before and I personally don't believe that birth is natural. I think everyone who says it's beautiful is nuts.

Any kind of surgery (I'm a thinker more than a cutter), pathology (live people > dead people), OB/GYN, and definitely not pediatrics... I'm not great with kids and I hate dealing with them.

Derm, rads, optho, psych, gastroentero, OB/GYN

pathologist, radiologist, anesthesiologist, ophthalmologist, urologist

All very important, but just not what I'd like to get into myself. :)

I will never be a naturopathic doctor.

thread title says "physician"

NDs are "healers" :rolleyes:

besides, with a name like "ChubbyChaser," we all know you're going to be a nephrologist or gastroenterologist

i don't get it

personally, i don't think i could handle peds. i need to at least have the illusion that my patients will comply with my recommendations.

I have this weird thing with the kidney... it is the one organ system that I can't STAND, especially the histology of it and the circ. system. I HATE it. LOL.

I have this weird thing with the kidney... it is the one organ system that I can't STAND, especially the histology of it and the circ. system. I HATE it. LOL.

sort of weird and funny. good luck with that :luck:

psychiatry - I'm pretty sure I've already seen as far into the human psyche as I am willing to go.

kids smell better than adults. I think I might do peds but my dad is a pediatrician and I always said I would never go that route. Oh well.

Dr. Dre although it would be cool to be Dr. J