What kind of research in wilderness and tactical medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of research are fellows and researchers in the following fields conducting?

Wilderness
Tactical
International

Members don't see this ad.

What kind of research are fellows and researchers in the following fields conducting?

Wilderness
Tactical
International

Why do you ask? I'm an attending doing lots of research on tactical EMS. Education, outcomes, and systems response as well as translational knowledge would be the areas.

- H

I'm currently a pre-med and will be applying next year. I'm faced with the rather difficult decision of deciding whether to apply to an MD/PhD program. I know I want to practice clinical medicine so the MD portion is settled. I also know I want to do things other than clinical medicine (ie research, education, etc.).

I believe an MD/PhD would satisfy my goals; but I also thought it might be a good idea to choose a few specialties and a few fellowships within those specialties and investigate what sort of research they do. This way I can find out if perhaps there is a more expedient route to my goals.

I suppose my biggest question is whether the research is dominated by the "analyze documents about a certain situation and see how a change in one variable changed the outcome" style of research or whether there is sufficient room for something more in line with basic science or engineering or mathematics.

Thank you for any insight you can offer.