What kind of score range should we predict for my 7/7 MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoPenguinsGo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted here a week or so ago about worrying about my FL3 score being possibly inflated (129/124/130/129) for a 512, but then I took FL4 as my final practice exam. Here are my AAMC FL scores and dates so we can guage which ones are the most accurate:

AAMC FL1 (taken March 20): 128/124/125/126 = 503

AAMC FL2 (taken May 5): 128/126/128/126 = 508

AAMC FL3 (taken June 16): 129/124/130/129 = 512

AAMC FL4 (taken June 27): 130/128/128/130 = 516

People say I should average my FL scores and use +/- 2 range, but that would mean including exams taken almost two months and three months ago? Also, my goal is 515+, so should I push back to July 18 to be safe or can we bet I'm probably okay to take the exam on July 7?

EDIT: I would like to point out the jump in my CARS score for FL4. The reason for this is because I finally realized CARS is not a reading test. CARS is a test of reasoning and analysis, not critical reading. So I approached it the same way I approach science passages and it worked beautifully in CARS as it does in the other sections.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can you specify what you mean by “reasoning” through cars? I’m in dire need of cars help lol
I literally would read a paragraph and look for any point the author is trying to claim (if an example is given its a dead giveaway that its the main point of the paragraph), highlight said point, and go to the questions to see if any question is directly pertaining to that part of the passage. Works a lot... like alot alot.

I had a similar trend for my practice tests and I just took the real thing this past weekend. I took the lowest and highest score in each category and created a range on what I expected to get. It looks like your content is good, but idk, CARS has always been a toss up for me depending on the type of question. I think it’s pretty reasonable to just average the last two, but I don’t think it’s unexpected that your actual test might be +/- 5 points either way from what you expected.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a big fluctuation on your scores. Your FL average is around 510, which is a good score! Although I got on the mcat what I got on AAMC FL4, this is N = 1. However, unless you're aiming for 520+, you're in a good shape.

don't postpone, your more likely to see diminishing returns with more time. you look like your on track for a 515 +/- 2 to me.

I had a very similar trend and got a 514, but this was definitely because of jitters going into the test. I scored lower on CP than I had on any of my exams (127 vs 129.5 avg) because I was tripping a lil, but then pulled it together and scored higher than my average on PS and CARS, and then average on BB (but my average was a 131 lol).

So I recommend do not postpone, but take some time to get your mind right for test day and be confident! I think that is the most important thing for you at this point. You know the material and the strategy.