ldiot

2+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2015
Miami, FL
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So I'm at school and class starts in a week. I'm bored out of my mind and it has occurred to me that I generally dislike most of the people in my class. My roommate is a med student that I get along well with and I talk pretty regularly to 4-5 people in my class but don't really do anything outside of class with these friends.

My college friends have all gone their separate ways. I'm a pretty laid back person and realized that I honestly have no social life. People say to join clubs and that kind of crap but honestly I don't care for the organizations and would end up sitting next to the exact same people that I'm in class with anyways.

I'll probably be busy enough to forget about it when class starts anyways but I just realized that I spent my whole summer either working, sleeping, or watching TV/wasting time online lol. And as far as dating everyone is either engaged or single for a reason. Yup this is just depressing.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
As little as possible.

Litha

2+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2016
Pacific NW
Status
Pharmacist
I generally disliked most of my classmates too. I spent as little as time possible with them.

In school, I spent my free time studying, or working for extra money, or with my boyfriend.

Get a job? Social life is overrated. :p

Jul 24, 2013
Status
Pharmacist
you gotta have a group of friends outside of your pharmacy school friends. honestly, pharmacy students are mostly neurotic studying squares. no offense

Reactions: Ackj

6GodPharm

2+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2016
Yeah I don't study with other people, ever. Waste of time.
When I was in school I never studied with others. Did it on my own at home (never went to the library). I didn't join any clubs either. Honestly most people are squares in the pharmacy profession. Just GYM, joined a basketball league, gambled on sports and studied. Went out here and there with some of my buddies from school but my circle was small. Clubs is just a waste of time imo. No one gives a crap what clubs you are in or what frat you're part of especially in retail.

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2002
DC
Status
Pharmacist, Academic Administration
Meetup wasn't available during my university days, but I'd use it now. Frankly, I echo the above in terms of finding ways to spend away from my classmates (and now my students). I am/was a square myself as I'm deeply antisocial, so the only social activities that appealed to me were with people who shared the same interests or (lack of) athleticism as I joined an amateur crew group that were routine screwups but had a great time on the boat and in Four Peaks afterwards (Lived in Tempe next to a manmade canal lake). I'd recommend you not associate with your classmates and do something with people you either share the same interests or will keep you motivated to stay physically/mentally healthy.

Dred Pirate

5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2014
Status
Pharmacist
wake up at 5:30, work, go to classes, study, work until 6pm - then drink until midnight - wake up and start over

OP
L

ldiot

2+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2015
Miami, FL
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yeah I'm already 3 days into class and about 1 week behind. I hate the classes I'm in right now

FuturePharmD92

2+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2015
Status
Pharmacy Student
I've been studying with my friends until the late evenings everyday since we started classes, but we always get distracted and end up having lots of fun together. We passed our first class with flying colors (which means nothing since it's the first exam), but that's kind of how we've been hanging out.

I really wanna go out, though, but they aren't really the kind of people that go to clubs or bars. And I dunno how to really make friends outside of the class. How do adults make other adult friends?

confettiflyer

Did you just say something?
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
[QUOTE="FuturePharmD92, post: 18068182, member: 724593"How do adults make other adult friends?[/QUOTE]

PTA meetings, day care parents, neighborhood watch meetings....lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app