What kind of undergraduate do you go to? (poll)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What kind of college do you go to (undergrad) ?

• Ivy League

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • Top 25 but non-Ivy

Votes: 45 28.7%
  • State school

Votes: 66 42.0%
  • Community College

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 17 10.8%

• Total voters
N

NP545

Wanted to see what the distribution is among SDN premeds. To make sure SDN isn't representative of the entire premed population- or else I'd need to bulk up my standards :whoa:

Members don't see this ad.

Other. Small liberal arts college.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I went to a state school for undergrad and a top-25 for my Ph.D.

community college, then state school.

Does "other" include, "Sh*tty State Schools"??

Graduated from Wash U, class of 2014.

A surprising number of ivy students thus far. Response bias?

This thread is so novel, pertinent and interesting.

<controversy>
<not serious>

This actually makes a lot of sense if you take these narrow categories and assign post types to their respondents:

Ivy League: High gpa, mcat, get in everywhere.

Top 25 non-ivy: Deflated gpa, high mcat, complain about not getting in anywhere.

State school: high gpa, low mcat, complain about ivy league kids and top25 being pretentious and entitled. Get into every state school.

</sarcasm>
</controversy>

Really, these are not the only types of schools there are and not all state schools are created equal.

Reactions: 4 users
This thread is so novel, pertinent and interesting.
Can't tell if sarcasm or not

<controversy>
<not serious>

This actually makes a lot of sense if you take these narrow categories and assign post types to their respondents:

Ivy League: High gpa, mcat, get in everywhere.

Top 25 non-ivy: Deflated gpa, high mcat, complain about not getting in anywhere.

State school: high gpa, low mcat, complain about ivy league kids and top25 being pretentious and entitled. Get into every state school.

</sarcasm>
</controversy>

I know this was intentional sarcasm, but can't help thinking of its reality

Members don't see this ad :)
I selected 'other'. I go to a teeny tiny liberal arts college.

I like how places as different as BU and Pomona would fall into the same category of 'other' in this poll. I am predicting that the results of this are sure to be highly informative and cited for many years to come.

I know this is mostly for fun, but I would bet most of the state schoolers here go to large, research heavy state schools. Just a guess from the split of ivy leaguers/top 25'ers. It is more than I expected, actually.

We're giving the OP too much flak.

Buuuut I do suggest another poll:

Big 12.
Top 10 engineering school
Private university

It's the same format: Athletic conference, some ranking of some sort, huge blanket category

Is there anyone in pre-allo who still doesn't know where @Ace Khalifa went to school?:D

Reactions: 6 users
In the top 25 public. Sounds nicer that way.. heheh.

Didn't he go to the University of Washingon in Seattle?
Oh helllll no, you did not just........lol jk, that joke doesn't bother me anymore.

Top 10 university, but non-Ivy.