What laptop are you bringing to med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just bought a Dell XPS M1530 fully loaded (4gb ram, bluetooth, 9 cell battery, dvd burner, hd screen, 256mb graphics card, etc...) for 1600 with a three year warranty. This is the third dell computer I have had and if you have a warranty anything that ever goes wrong is fixed immediately without question (at least this has been the case for me). To get mac that even compares to this performance wise will cost you well over $2000, not to mention the compatibilty issues that can arise with a mac (yes I know you can install windows on a separate partition of your hard drive, but that is a little bit complicated for the average computer user). Just my two cents

Members don't see this ad.

at msm we all get the fujitsu tablet pcs oon our 2nd day. we already started and they are amazing. u dl powerpoints, whatever, then write on the w/o printing. they save paper, time , help w org. they were 2000.00 I think the school got a discount buying 60 of them