Medical What leadership ideas should I talk about in application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am writing about a time where I took on leadership and I have a few ideas, I am looking for insight on the best example.

1) I was a mentor for a student with disabilities. I attended classes with him and encouraged him to participate in discussion, projects, and motivated him to complete his out of class work

2) As a clinical coordinator during the COVID-19 pandemic I was able to work with our physicians to develop a plan for enrollment in the studies that met the safety guidelines. this was a lot of over the phone consenting and sending participants study materials instead of in person interactions. We set a record for enrollment and inspired other site to look into our system. I coordinated efforts within our team and took on extra roles facilitate this project.

3) During my undergrad I was the oldest member of a lab and I directly trained the incoming students and mentored them as they grew.

4) At my job when a new coordinator joined, with 10x my research experience, I was tasked with training her for our sites specifications. The biggest challenge here was thoroughly training her but respecting her years of experience

5) I won a grant for my research and I ended up sharing my data with other members of the lab. I had to coordinate how the data was going to be collected and had to change a lot of my plans so that it would benefit the other members.

6) I was tasked with setting up a lab for a new physician. I had never done this but I wanted to help him in anyway possible. I had to work with people in all different departments sales, building coordinators, safety committees, and take classes to learn a new management techniques.

7) I coordinate a clinical study as part of my job. I troubleshoot the problems with other members of our team and discuss problems with the other sites involved.
#6 or 7 seems like the best option. Ideally, you want to show that you have experience managing your peers, but any position where you can show that you were working with other people, were in charge of a task, and had to negotiate with others on your team to get that task done suffices.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.