What looks worse a withdrawal or no credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alaskan _Polarbear

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in a predicament right now with my biochemistry course. My university allows GPNC's for courses and I set my biochemistry grade to a C. Basically if I get anything higher than a C i get the grade, and if I get anything lower than the grade I get no credit and it doesn't affect my GPA.

My GPA is currently a 3.4 and I can't afford a C at this point and I been getting 60s on my exam and because my GPA can't afford a C at this point I was going to just no credit the course and take it again. I was wondering if it looks bad that I got no credit for a course or if it would look worse if I withdrew from the course.

The second predicament is that biochemistry is a very high demand course at my university and there's a high chance that I cannot retake the course at my university and will have to take it somewhere else over the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

From my perspective a withdrawal is easier to explain if asked about it (somewhat unlikely) compared to no credit. If the course shows on your transcript and no credit was awarded I imagine it would raise questions as to why.

Withdrawal you can say you changed your mind about taking it that semester due to any number of things.

Always go with the withdrawal over anything that implies a low grade. Tons of people have W’s and it only means one thing, you withdrew lol. Way easier to come up with a valid reason for withdrawing than for getting this GPNC thing. I have a couple W’s on my transcript, 3.5 gpa, just got done with 6 interviews, not one of them asked about them. Make sure when you take it over summer that you take it at a UNIVERSITY because some schools don’t accept credits from community colleges. Even if you are still making your school list, just take it at a university to be safe. Good luck!