What Major Should I Declare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babytrey99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting the long road ahead to DO school this semester and I am wondering if one major (Bachelors degree) looks better than another. Would a Chemistry degree look better than Health Education, Biology, or Social Sciences? Until I dust off my 10-15 year old transcripts(Yikes!) I won't know for sure what classes will be accepted to my new school, so I won't know what area I have the most credits in. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you did well in your major and prereqs I dont think it matters what major you are in. good luck

Go with whatever major you enjoy the most. If you don't like Chemistry, then don't major in it. You will find it easier to answer admissions folks when they ask in an interview "So, why did you decice to be _______ major?, if you enjoy what you chose. Get good grades, especially in the science courses and do well on the MCAT.

Good luck

------------------
Josh Hazelton
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
"D.O. Wannabe"

Really, honestly, no kidding, it is true: major in whatever you have passion for. It is THAT major that you will grow best within, express yourself best within, enjoy yourself best within, and hence excel best within and be most articulate about when the time comes.